What's new

Lupo stainless?

Not having seen either personally, does the head on the new Lupo resemble the new BL Tradere?
Only to the extent that both razors consist of three pieces....a handle, a baseplate, and a top cap. Otherwise, they are nothing alike. As has been pointed out, the new Lupo head has a very small profile...in fact, it’s actually slimmer (in height) than the Game Changer, which has heretofore pretty much been the standard-bearer for slim, maneuverable DE heads. The Tradere could be called bulky, by comparison. Then there’s the unique cap and plate design of the Tradere, which is also very different from any RR head, including the new Lupo. Bottom line, two very different-looking (and performing) razors.

Had my first shave with the new Lupo Stainless .75 this morning. Loaded a Gillette Platinum Plus and was pleasantly surprised to find the blade tabs completely covered. Another one for the thread List of razors that cover the blade tabs - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/list-of-razors-that-cover-the-blade-tabs.560351/
Used ACH Brito pre-shave soap, DeLuxe Rockers shaving soap loading a Maggard Fan 26mm SHD brush. Followed with a splash of Pinaud Special Reserve and a small mist of Givenchy Gentleman. Overall, very pleased with the shave. I had a two day growth and I was concerned the milder razor wouldn't handle it, but it did so admirably with only a few spots that wouldn't pass the cotton ball test. No irritation at all, very pleased with the pricing on this stainless beauty. I do not shave under the nose, so I cannot attest to it's low profile head, but it handled everything else very well.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Jan18th 2021, Well did not feel like missing a MMMonday(A.S.E monday) So to have a little fun decided a Daily double, I picked my easy going 1st Generation Featherweight VS my new 2nd generation Razorock Lupo .72. I let the Gem Featherweight have the tough whisker side and the RR Lupo.72 the other side with 24 hrs growth. Both razors are easy to handle on the face and have become some of my many favorites.
Both are different in weight by quite a bit and my skill level is good enough to handle both issues with the RR Lupo is 3 times the weight of my Gem Feather weight(1OZ). First pass very similar in beard reduction, 2nd pass of on either side very similar again and then the pickups I was pleasantly surprized a tie on closeness. So did the feel test and I had a hard time with what side won- so out came the cottonball test and it also indicated a dead tie with no snagging of cotton. The Gem Feather had the odds against it (tough beard under chin side) but also I have used that razor many more times compared to the RR Lupo .72.
So to conclude I had a different MMMonday with a little enjoyment for this shaving enthusiast.

Razor: Gem Feather weight 1st generation- MFG 1950-52, 2nd gen 1953-54, excellent razor, fun to use with great results.
Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72 - Mfg 2021, excellent built razor and a joy to use with just 3 shaves in.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharpe, great longevity and smooths out nicely & predictable.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3) excellent blade Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX. very nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red zebra handle 26 mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like soft tips with a bit of back bone + excellent lather painter IMO.
Pre shave: Brush washed my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups on each side of face with 2 different razors.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17: excellent shave with my Gem Feather weight + Gem coated blade.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette Astra SP blade.

GEMonday.Jan 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Neglected to post yesterday's Lupo 0.95-SB shave.....

image.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Lupo 0.95-SB
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Ever-Ready 200 (26mm "Manchurian Finest" Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave: Reuzel
Fragrance: Gucci Guilty EdT

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Used the Lupo DLC handle again. Nice balance.

The Feather blade is a very nice match for the 0.95-SB.

Quite smooth and effective using a steep angle. I don't chase BBS but sure got pretty darn close over most of my face.

Used with care and a practiced technique, the Lupo Stainless 0.95-SB will get you consistent, efficient and effective shaves.

All three of the Lupo razors, 0.72-SB, DLC and 0.95-SB, are very good razors - especially for the money. It will be interesting to see how they stack up to the other razors in the Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) thread.

To see how the 0.95-SB compares to razors priced well above its modest cost, I have the Blackland Razors Brass Blackbird and Wolfman WR2 1.25-SB on deck for the next two shaves. We will see how the Lupo comports itself against what I consider to be two of my best (currently available) DEs.

More to follow. :)

Excellent shave! :cool:

Well today I was going to go back to my Rockwell 6s on plate 3 for an uneventful reliable shave. Even had a new Crystal Israeli Personna blade installed, when i remembered i was going to try the Lupo with that WCS brass handle. So i lather up and used the .95 sb the entire shave. I was getting used to the mediocre shaves so far with the Lupo so I wasn’t expecting a good shave and I didn’t get a good shave. It was GREAT!!!! Pretty sure it was the 4” 175 gram brass handle that is the difference. The kind of bbs shave i got today was what I’ve been expecting all along. Now looking forward to my next shave with the Lupo instead of feeling i wasted $70 on a razor that doesn’t work for me. This is the same kind of wow factor that the Timeless, Karve and Blackland Bkackbird gave me on their first shave.

Here’s the link to the WCS brass handle, the one all the way to the right in the picture 175BR

Second shave with the Lupo .72, second with a Gillette Platinum Plus blade and only 24 hours of growth. This was a perfect shave. Even the back of my head is smooth (the hardest spot for me to get really well). This is a winner, a good looking razor, mild but effective on my 24 hours of whiskers and hair.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, Jan 19th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd gen Lupo .72- MFG 2021, Excellent razor, mid range, well built and has become one of favorites, carefree for my technique and medium beard type.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(4) excellent blade, Sharp & Smooth with good longevity, my standard for comparing DE blades & razors.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea - interesting scent with excellent lather qualities, good protection + good post shave IMO.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator, heavenly like soft tips + backbone for a scrub or painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette Astra SP blade.(I usually don't get this many BBS shaves in a row.)

SOTD, Jan 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

DC arrived today and I just finished an excellent shave with it.
PXL_20210120_034620539.jpg
I did a first pass with the .72 side, second was .95 on the face/.72 neck, and third skipped the neck for .95 on cheeks only. I am a fan of the aluminum Lupo, and I think all the updates here are for the better. I immediately noticed more blade feel than the alulupo, but the shave was smooth and comfortable, while very efficient.

I used a new Astra SP. The handle, an Alpha Braveheart, is also new. My fingers naturally rested in the large gap near the bottom, and those ergonomics worked wonderfully.

Finally I am glad to see that the blade tab covers have flat ends. The rounded tab covers were a major design flaw in the alulupo, but that has been remediated.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Today I shaved with the Blackland Razors Stainless Blackbird OC loaded with a fresh Feather blade. Comments are here:

Full kit and pic listed here:

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/blackland-brotherhood-b.494998/post-11088393

DC arrived today and I just finished an excellent shave with it.
View attachment 1210778
I did a first pass with the .72 side, second was .95 on the face/.72 neck, and third skipped the neck for .95 on cheeks only. I am a fan of the aluminum Lupo, and I think all the updates here are for the better. I immediately noticed more blade feel than the alulupo, but the shave was smooth and comfortable, while very efficient.

I used a new Astra SP. The handle, an Alpha Braveheart, is also new. My fingers naturally rested in the large gap near the bottom, and those ergonomics worked wonderfully.

Finally I am glad to see that the blade tab covers have flat ends. The rounded tab covers were a major design flaw in the alulupo, but that has been remediated.

That handle is a perfect match visually.

Top Bottom