What's new

Lupo stainless?

I did a light touch up shave last night before i went out. For my own curiosity (and maybe some other’s curiosity) I tried the aluminum Lupo top cap on the SS DC Lupo and it fits. (The SS DC top cap does NOT fit on the aluminum Lupo baseplate). I used the aluminum handle and just did a quick 1 pass shave. Still consistently drama free, but no wow factor with the shave itself. No irritation, but not BBS like i can get from other razors i mentioned in an earlier post. I’m going to have to do a comparison and revisit the Jaws OC and Game Changer .68 and.84 to see how they compare.

Last edited:
Well Fellows I finally received my Razorock Lupo and thought you would like some pictures of a little better detail of the razor while you wait for yours to arrive. Looks like a winner IMO or eyes and also slipped a blade in to show how close the blade is to the corner curve. I ran my finger over the edge and could not feel the blade so you are not going to find any better a razor for a guy with a moustache with a DE razor under the nose or venture into the inside nostril a little IMO.
I also did a simple test to see how much positive blade exposure we are looking at and I'm impressed finally that they allowed a little more blade exposure than on the Game changer .84( I will show how I did it on another post). Tomorrow I will have a shave and give my first shave thoughts on the new 2nd generation Lupo razor.
View attachment 1209116 View attachment 1209117
View attachment 1209119
View attachment 1209122
View attachment 1209121
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Beautiful pictures, thank you!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat, Jan 16th 2021, Just received my new 2nd generation Stainless steel Razorock Lupo .72 razor & thought it would be nice to give it a test. I like to just do a 2 pass shave with pick ups with a mid range razor with my standard blade for testing is a Gillette Astra SP (1). The razor is nice to hold and is a impressive looking but how does it shave?
For the first shave it did a excellent job with just a standard Gillette blade and results hit my sweet spot CCS,DFS,BBS so I'm a happy camper. Alum block never lies and it really did not register much of anything either. So to me it is a Excellent razor for 1st impressions!

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Stainless steel Lupo .72 SS- MFG 2021, mid range and built very well and not over aggressive with a low head profile that will appeal to some. Great DE razor for upper lip area. Very impressive Great razor IMO.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (1) A real good blade, Sharp & smooth and use it for testing any new DE razor(my Standard) to gauge performance. Good longevity also.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream- nice scent and excellent lather qualities, good bargain at Fendrihan.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm knot- Excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud soft tips with some back bone for scrub & lather painting.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Alum indicated not much at all = :thumbup:
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala & Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Generation Lupo .72 + Astra SP blade.
SOTD, Sat, Jan 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Last edited:
My Lupo .72 came yesterday. It has supplanted the game changer .68 as my favorite modern razor. Just slightly smoother and more efficient. Blade loading is easier too. It's hard to imagine a better razor than this one at any price. Machining tolerances are perfect as it is on all razorock stainless razors.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SOTD, Sat, Jan 16th 2021, Just received my new 2nd generation Stainless steel Razorock Lupo .72 razor & thought it would be nice to give it a test. I like to just do a 2 pass shave with pick ups with a mid range razor with my standard blade for testing is a Gillette Astra SP (1). The razor is nice to hold and is a impressive looking but how does it shave?
For the first shave it did a excellent job with just a standard Gillette blade and results hit my sweet spot CCS,DFS,BBS so I'm a happy camper. Alum block never lies and it really did not register much of anything either. So to me it is a Excellent razor for 1st impressions!

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Stainless steel Lupo .72 SS- MFG 2021, mid range and built very well and not over aggressive with a low head profile that will appeal to some. Great DE razor for upper lip area. Very impressive Great razor IMO.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (1) A real good blade, Sharp & smooth and use it for testing any new DE razor(my Standard) to gauge performance. Good longevity also.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream- nice scent and excellent lather qualities, good bargain at Fendrihan.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm knot- Excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud soft tips with some back bone for scrub & lather painting.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Alum indicated not much at all = :thumbup:
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala & Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Generation Lupo .72 + Astra SP blade.
SOTD, Sat, Jan 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Our first shave impressions seem to be aligned. :cool:

Ron R

Our first shave impressions seem to be aligned. :cool:
Hello David, I think it is a great razor because they made available different base plate combinations also for those who like mid range and then with a twist of the wrist your a little more aggressive in a instant it becomes a adjustable with the dual base plate combinations. Some fellows like the aggressive side of razors also and they even accommodated those folks. Finding your sweet spot base plate of 3 different variants at least is available. I only have the Razorock Lupo .72 and if I want more aggression I will use a wider Kai SS blade, for now I'm testing still with a standard blade and content but knowing myself I like to tinker and so I will be putting the .72 through a few more tests like buffing & J hooking & the Lupo slide (Gillette slide) maneuvers.

Have some great shaves!

Tried once again, face shave: 1/2 w bar and 1/2 w OC.
Santa Maria Novella
Muhle synthetic
Vikings Sword 3rd
Fine AS
Pre De Provance

2+ passes, less irritation this time (still some) , close shave. Only the 1st time it was bad. Now it's doable, efficient w some irritation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hello David, I think it is a great razor because they made available different base plate combinations also for those who like mid range and then with a twist of the wrist your a little more aggressive in a instant it becomes a adjustable with the dual base plate combinations. Some fellows like the aggressive side of razors also and they even accommodated those folks. Finding your sweet spot base plate of 3 different variants at least is available. I only have the Razorock Lupo .72 and if I want more aggression I will use a wider Kai SS blade, for now I'm testing still with a standard blade and content but knowing myself I like to tinker and so I will be putting the .72 through a few more tests like buffing & J hooking & the Lupo slide (Gillette slide) maneuvers.

Have some great shaves!

The Lupo Stainless 0.72-SB and the Lupo DLC are quite close - and that's a good thing. Both are sticking around in my Den.

Haven't shaved yet today - early morning and been busy all day. My Bride and I just finished watching The Upside (Kevin Hart, Bryan Cranston and Nicole Kidman - great movie). On schedule as I am an evening shaver. Should be adjourning to the Den soon to try out the Stainless 0.95-SB. :)

Looking forward to this. :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210116_212109~2.jpg

My initial impressions of the Lupo Stainless 0.95-SB:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
How does the lupo 0.95 compare to the blackbird?

After my first shave with the Lupo 0.95-SB, I am intrigued enough that it is on deck again today, this time with a nice fresh Feather blade instead of the Silver Star. Following on Monday with the Blackbird and using the same Feather.

The the Lupo 0.95-SB is a good razor. Let's see how it stacks up. :)

Ron R

Sunday shave Jan 17th 2021, having a little fun with the New Razorock Lupo .72 2nd Generation razor, Still testing the mid range non threatening easy to use DE razor. Not sure how they engineered this shaving jewel to get great results and still shave with comfort. I thought I would put the razor through some more paces and performed some buffing, also J hooking and of course the Lupo slide :001_smile (Gillette slide) for those who are not familiar with that manoeuvre. The razor passed those manoeuvres with no issues and so to me it is a winner if a person wants a solid mid range easy going razor. I think it could be a daily driver easily for my beard type but only on day 2 of at least 7 consecutive shaves! I could have a grail razor but still would get bored and use some of my many other razors (40 + razors as if I need another one, this will be last one:lol:). I have three Razorock stainless steel razors now and it is just as good or possibly better than the lot, time will tell what I reach for the most.

Razor: Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation -MFG 2021, excellent mid range with all the charteristic of a good razor head. Easy to handle and manipulate on the face. Smooth and very efficient IMO.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(2) it is my standard blade for testing and comparing any other blades. Sharp & Smooth priced well also. Good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX- great clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- This synthetic is my oldest synthetic brush used and has soft tips with a nice back bone for a scrub & a good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with new RR Lupo.72 + Gillette Astra SP blade.
Sunday DE shave, Jan 17th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ok this morning I tried the DC .72 OC side for 2 pass shave on 1 1/2 day stubble, and used my Personna Lab Blues (7) and it was the best shave so far. I used a longer handle from Yaqi and has more weight than the RR UFO handle it came with. No weepers and very little irritation. Still not BBS but I didn’t want to press it with 3rd pass to avoid possible irritation. I’d give it DFS. I did a little touching up with the .95 sb side and I’m getting used to it for the most part.

Maybe it’s my imagination, but the Lupo SS head seems very light for stainless steel which is maybe why I’m not falling in love with it per se. The other SS or brass razors I have, seem to feel more substantial with more heft to it than the Lupo for some odd reason. Anyone else notice this?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Maybe it’s my imagination, but the Lupo SS head seems very light for stainless steel which is maybe why I’m not falling in love with it per se. The other SS or brass razors I have, seem to feel more substantial with more heft to it than the Lupo for some odd reason. Anyone else notice this?

Could possibly be because the new Lupos have fairly low profile heads? Lower profile = less stainless = lower weight?

Just a thought.

Could possibly be because the new Lupos have fairly low profile heads? Lower profile = less stainless = lower weight?

Just a thought.
Could very well be the reason. I know when i revisited the aluminum Lupo I didn’t care for the shave at all probably due to the light weight, and the SS Lupo seems closer to that than other heavier feeling SS razors. I’m determined to like the SS Lupo so next shave will be with a huge brass handle i bought from WCS, or the Yaqi Mammoth handle.

Top Bottom