Lupo stainless?

View attachment 1208759
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 0.72-SB
Blade: Silver Star (4)
Brush: Opal 100 (24mm Best Badger)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Used the handle from the Lupo DLC to maintain a similar balance. The Lupo Stainless 0.72-SB and the Lupo DLC are very similar. Both provide a smooth, and efficient, shave. Not aggressive at all. Definitely in the Daily Driver group.

I like the Lupo 0.72-SB and eagerly anticipate tackling the 0.95-SB. :)

Excellent shave! :cool:

YMMV :)

How would you compare the Lupo 0.72 SB with the GC 0.84 SB, in blade feel and efficiency? According to IB, the Lupo is actually a bit more aggressive.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
How would you compare the Lupo 0.72 SB with the GC 0.84 SB, in blade feel and efficiency? According to IB, the Lupo is actually a bit more aggressive.

I don't consider either the Lupo 0.72 or the GC 0.84-SB to be 'aggressive' razors. Regarding blade feel, the Lupo 0.72-SB (using a steep angle) did not give me a lot of blade feel.

I'm shaving with the GC84-SB today and the Lupo 0.95-SB on Saturday so I can better offer my opinion on how all three compare. :)

YMMV

C'mon Chicago... processed at 7:12am on 1/12/2021, and frozen since then. :a53:
Me three. I just looked at the tracking for an Italian Barber order that was delivered in October. There were no updates between when it was processed (Oct 19) until the day it was out for delivery (Oct 22). So your Lupo may be making progress toward you even if it's not reflected in the tracking info.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
C'mon Chicago... processed at 7:12am on 1/12/2021, and frozen since then. :a53:
Me three. I just looked at the tracking for an Italian Barber order that was delivered in October. There were no updates between when it was processed (Oct 19) until the day it was out for delivery (Oct 22). So your Lupo may be making progress toward you even if it's not reflected in the tracking info.

Copy and paste the Canada Post tracking number into the USPS tracking. Sometimes you can get more details once the package in in the USA.

That same thing happened with me, still said was processed in Chicago on January 10th, but was out for delivery today via message I received earlier and received them just a little bit ago

Shaved today with the .95 sb on first pass with new Lord Platinum blade and felt similar to the new Persona Platinum blade the day before. 2nd pass was with the .72oc side and decent shave i wouldn’t say dfs or bbs but decent. I can sort of agree with xiletero’s sentiments in post 159. Beautiful razor but not really better than some other razors (even some other Razorock razors). Still may be the blades i used both times that are new to me, so final test will be with a more familiar blade. Maybe I am spoiled now with some of the pricier razors I’ve acquired over the past few months and maybe comparing them is unfair. Love my Blackland Dart and Brassbird, Timeless Bronzes, Karve CB, Rockwell 6c and 6s, and even some of the cheaper Yaqi razors (Katana, Beast, Flipside (still have 5 or 6 other Yaqi heads I haven’t used yet that i ordered), and even the Fatip Lo Storto Slant (oc and sb), as well as the Muhle 41, and i can’t forget the Ikon Slant. All those had/have a wow factor after the shave, where the Lupo so far seems like ok.... i guess jury is still out but I’m not as impressed as i thought i was going to be.

Haven't bought any shaving-related stuff in going on 6 months, but will be buying a .72 Lupo baseplate + cap when the latter is back in stock...and hopefully the baseplate is still in stock when the caps are again too come to think of it, LOL.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well Fellows I finally received my Razorock Lupo and thought you would like some pictures of a little better detail of the razor while you wait for yours to arrive. Looks like a winner IMO or eyes and also slipped a blade in to show how close the blade is to the corner curve. I ran my finger over the edge and could not feel the blade so you are not going to find any better a razor for a guy with a moustache with a DE razor under the nose or venture into the inside nostril a little IMO.
I also did a simple test to see how much positive blade exposure we are looking at and I'm impressed finally that they allowed a little more blade exposure than on the Game changer .84( I will show how I did it on another post). Tomorrow I will have a shave and give my first shave thoughts on the new 2nd generation Lupo razor.
Razorock Lupo .72 2021 #5.jpg
Razorock Lupo .72 2021 #4.jpg

Razorock Lupo .72, 2021 #2.jpg

Razorock Lupo .72 2021 #1.jpg

Razorock Lupo .72 2021 #3.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

BTW in my case it just jumped from Chicago to delivery.....and I am FAR away from there.
The same USPS that has not delivered my Covid check in 10d...(probably stolen).....

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I always do a simple test for positive blade exposure on my razors and if it barely touches or stops the plastic card strip it is indication of positive blade exposure. If it barely touches out comes my USB microscope 500X magnification to see how much deflection of the blade across the top cap and safety bar (both sides). The Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation DE razor definitely has a little more blade exposure than the RR GC .84 IMO , how much is a hard thing to measure but it is indicating a little more because I also have the RR GC .84. I do have some accurate finger dial indicators but it really is a little more work to set up.

This might look a little crude but I can reassure anyone it is accurate to the feel which most people judge their razor anyways.
Lupo test blade #1 .jpg
Lupo test #2.jpg

Lupo test #3.jpg
Lupo Test #4.jpg

1610760197983.png

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

I always do a simple test for positive blade exposure on my razors and if it barely touches or stops the plastic card strip it is indication of positive blade exposure. If it barely touches out comes my USB microscope 500X magnification to see how much deflection of the blade across the top cap and safety bar. The Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation DE razor definitely has a little more blade exposure than the RR GC .84 IMO , how much is a hard thing to measure but it is indicating a little more because I also have the RR GC .84. I do have some accurate finger dial indicators but it really is a little more work to set up.

This might look a little crude but I can reassure anyone it is accurate to the feel which most people judge their razor anyways.
View attachment 1209141 View attachment 1209136

View attachment 1209137 View attachment 1209138

View attachment 1209142
Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!
What a great post!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Well Fellows I finally received my Razorock Lupo and thought you would like some pictures of a little better detail of the razor while you wait for yours to arrive. Looks like a winner IMO or eyes and also slipped a blade in to show how close the blade is to the corner curve. I ran my finger over the edge and could not feel the blade so you are not going to find any better a razor for a guy with a moustache with a DE razor under the nose or venture into the inside nostril a little IMO.
I also did a simple test to see how much positive blade exposure we are looking at and I'm impressed finally that they allowed a little more blade exposure than on the Game changer .84( I will show how I did it on another post). Tomorrow I will have a shave and give my first shave thoughts on the new 2nd generation Lupo razor.
View attachment 1209116 View attachment 1209117
View attachment 1209119
View attachment 1209122
View attachment 1209121
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
Thank you! Great pictures.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Btw, 3rd shave with my lupo dual comb. I switched over to a heavy copper charcoal goods magnum handle.

it completely changed the feel in a bad way. I HATED it. I didn’t realize how good of a match that wcs/cg palms handle truly was.

proxy.php
I'm using the Lupo DCS handle - great match.

Based on your comments, I will probably grab a WCS/CG Palms handle for my Stainless Lupos. 👍

2nd attempt
Head shave
I only used the OC on the new Lupo
Macca root cream
RR 400
Vikings Blade #2
Tuff AS
Aqua Velva 5-1 AB
2+ passes, no drama. It's a very close shave, had some irritation on the scalp when using Alum. All in all was a decent shave, better than the face last nite (than burnt a lot).

Top Bottom