What's new

Lupo stainless?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
No movement on mine; still has a 1/22 expected delivery. Going to have big shoes to fill once it gets here - my Blackbird OC delivered a 2 pass X-grain + minor pickups BBS this morning.

In my opinion, the Blackbird is about as good as it gets.

I have a (slight) personal preference for the Vector OC based the nimble and maneuverable head.

If the RazoRock Lupo 0.95-SB runs with these 'Big Dogs' - especially for the price - it will be quite an accomplishment.

I'll be adding my comments on this thread and also on my mid-priced razors comparison thread:

Just my opinion and YMMV :)

Last edited:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
In my opinion, the Blackbird is about as good as it gets.

I have a (small) personal preference for the Vector OC based the nimble and maneuverable head.

If the RazoRock Lupo 0.95-SB runs with these 'Big Dogs' - especially for the price - it will be quite an accomplishment.

I'll be adding my comments on this thread and also on my mid-priced razors comparison thread:

Just my opinion and YMMV :)
:popc::popc::popc::popc:

Looking forward to some pics...
proxy.php

^ is that the original aluminum version Lupo handle in silver on your new DC?

EDIT: I just checked and while not the Lupo handle it does look similar.
lupo.jpg

Last edited:
@guitarslinger how would you compare the .95SB to the .72OC in terms of aggressiveness/blade feel and efficiency? Do you have a DLC or Aluminium Lupo to compare it to? If so, how does it compare to those razors? thanks

@guitarslinger how would you compare the .95SB to the .72OC in terms of aggressiveness/blade feel and efficiency? Do you have a DLC or Aluminium Lupo to compare it to? If so, how does it compare to those razors? thanks

proxy.php

Second shave with SS Lupo DC today.

FWIW, I'm not feeling a huge difference in efficiency/blade feel/or aggressiveness between the 95sb or the 72oc. The biggest difference = the OC feels like an OC (which is good, because RR does a good job on the feel of their open combs). The SB is scalloped really deeply, which feels awesome. Almost similar to an open comb.

If I had to pick one, I would probably go with the 95 sb. It's more unique, and just a tad more efficient. Enough to sway me. The more I think about it, I would get the 95sb if I could only have one. It rocks.

BTW, yes, I had the aluminum lupo, and I have the SS DLC lupo. I was never crazy about either one, and I realize it was a combination of the coatings (anodizing on the aluminum, and the DLC coating on the steel) creating drag, plus the fact that they are both quite mild. It made me feel like I was overshaving. I am probably going to sell my DLC asap. I gave the aluminum one to my buddy.

I'm a big fan of the new SS versions.

Last edited:
One shave on each of the 72 and 95 plates so far, and really enjoying this thing. The head profile is even a smidge slimmer than the GC, if you can believe it. High efficiency with good comfort. Need some more shaves before giving a more detailed report. So far, so good.

View attachment 1208554
That's a nice looking handle. Is it a RR? It looks similar to the Wolfman 3 Or 7.

Shaved with the DC this morning. 2 days of growth, and the.72 OC side did an efficient cut down on the first pass, then for 2nd pass I used the .95 sb gingerly expecting to draw blood but it all went ok. Not sure this is the way of using the DC in one shave as usually you want a milder setting for 2nd or 3rd pass, but i did the opposite. Not sure how well it would work with the .95 sb on first pass then the oc on second or third pass since the oc is designed to use when you have several days growth. So thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I did use a new Personna Platinum blade so not sure how people think about it, but i prefer my Lab Blues blade to it but maybe the 3rd or 4th shave with the platinum it will smooth out a bit. Tomorrow I’ll shave with my Lab Blues blade which will be shave #7 with that particular blade. So far i think this razor is a keeper.

Got mine today and used it for a face shave
Blade: Vikings Sword 1st use
TOBs
Mighty midget mixed
I used the open comb on the right side of the face and the solid bar on the left. There is more blade feel on se SB.
3 pass shave, the solid bar side was closer. No cuts. With alum; there was a sting on both sides more on the SB side.

As a comparison and by pure coincidence, yesterday I shaved head and face with a Muhle R41 grande and the same blade but on the 4th use. R41 gave me a closer shave and was less irritating (by a lot) -- I did use a different brush and soap.
Am I in love with this razor: NO.
Is it better for me than the RR 0.84 OC: NO
Is it better than the old Lupo: NO.
Is it nicer than those, yes....but I really don't care how razors look.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210114_203530~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Lupo 0.72-SB
Blade: Silver Star (4)
Brush: Opal 100 (24mm Best Badger)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Used the handle from the Lupo DLC to maintain a similar balance. The Lupo Stainless 0.72-SB and the Lupo DLC are very similar. Both provide a smooth, and efficient, shave. Not aggressive at all. Definitely in the Daily Driver group.

I like the Lupo 0.72-SB and eagerly anticipate tackling the 0.95-SB. :)

Excellent shave! :cool:

YMMV :)

Top Bottom