What's new

Lupo stainless?

Turns out new Brexit regulations on import tax or something like that.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Turns out new Brexit regulations on import tax or something like that.

Are the taxes going to be increased along with import taxes than previously, as UK (correct ?) is no longer a part of Europe, and doesn't necessarily have to provide margins or other sorts of discounts as agreed to Europe with rest of the world ?

I am a big fan of Lupo, I even bought two al versions. Just got the stainless steel dc version, and another .72 plate. With the experience of the previous DLC version, I don’t know when the next batch will be restocked, to start quickly.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of Lupo, I even bought two al versions. Just got the stainless steel dc version, and another .72 base.
When you get some shaves with it, please share your experiences.

Can they be broadly explained in comparison to the 68 OC and 84 SB ?
My 84 OC is on the way and I'll have enough time (this year) to get well acquainted with it before thinking about another razor, but if I think about it then Razorock Lupo is definitely in the cards.

Are the taxes going to be increased along with import taxes than previously, as UK (correct ?) is no longer a part of Europe, and doesn't necessarily have to provide margins or other sorts of discounts as agreed to Europe with rest of the world ?
Hi, not sure of all the legalities but I think it will likely impact on small US based artisans shipping over to the UK. Not the best!

When you get some shaves with it, please share your experiences.

Can they be broadly explained in comparison to the 68 OC and 84 SB ?
My 84 OC is on the way and I'll have enough time (this year) to get well acquainted with it before thinking about another razor, but if I think about it then Razorock Lupo is definitely in the cards.
I have GC .68 sb, to be honest, I don't like it. I tried to add a shim to .78, much better, so I ordered .84 sb before, but the delivery was delayed and it was still on the way.
I always know where the edge of Lupo's blade is, it is very easy to grasp. It is very pleasant to use with the smooth blade. I believe that the previous version has a .72 blade gap.

Last edited:
I have GC .68 sb, to be honest, I don't like it. I tried to add a shim to .78, much better, so I ordered .84 sb before, but the delivery was delayed and it was still on the way.
I always know where the edge of Lupo's blade is, it is very easy to grasp. It is very pleasant to use with the smooth blade. I believe that the previous version has a .72 blade gap.

The consensus is that the dlc Lupo is a .61 gap. Generally speaking, gap spans are not comparable between different models due to varying head geometries. There is an excellent photo describing this somewhere on B&B.
For example, the WR1 .80 gap is roughly comparable to the WR2 1.25 gap. I would put the dlc Lupo between the .68 and .84 GC on aggressiveness, with efficiency closer to the .84. I would expect the new .72 Lupo to be near the .84 GC and the .95 Lupo more aggressive and efficient. I imagine that the .95 will be too hot for many shavers.
I own all of these razors and I ordered up the .72 and .95 today. I should probably put up a bst listing soon, lol.

The consensus is that the dlc Lupo is a .61 gap. Generally speaking, gap spans are not comparable between different models due to varying head geometries. There is an excellent photo describing this somewhere on B&B.
For example, the WR1 .80 gap is roughly comparable to the WR2 1.25 gap. I would put the dlc Lupo between the .68 and .84 GC on aggressiveness, with efficiency closer to the .84. I would expect the new .72 Lupo to be near the .84 GC and the .95 Lupo more aggressive and efficient. I imagine that the .95 will be too hot for many shavers.
I own all of these razors and I ordered up the .72 and .95 today. I should probably put up a bst listing soon, lol.

Italian Barber recently confirmed (on Instagram) that the DLC Lupo is essentially a .72, just like the new SS Lupo.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I had the dual comb baseplate and top cap in my cart and was at Paypal ready to buy when I thought to myself, "I don't really need this razor." I never tried the original Lupo and have no idea whether I would enjoy this one at a 0.95 gap on the scalloped side.
So I actually pushed back on the RAD and didn't order it. I'm sure they will be sold out entirely pretty soon. Then I'll likely read all the glowing reviews about this is the best razor ever on God's green earth and I'll feel bad that I didn't purchase one when I had the chance.

Then they will start turning up on the B/S/T like flies on barbecue because the people who posted all those glowing reviews will decide, after a month or two, that they didn't really like it all that much to begin with.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :001_smile

Tried to order but it won't accept the UK as a shipping address????? Very disappointed

The way it was explained on another forum is that if you were outside the UK vendors had to set up a Tax ID # and charge a VAT fee for any item under £ 135 and submit it to them in advance so they don't get stuck trying to get the customer to pay it when it arrives in country. As far as I have heard this is for every country in the world that exports to the UK. Needless to say it is even more of a headache and most vendors are just opting to not sell to the UK at all...

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I had the dual comb baseplate and top cap in my cart and was at Paypal ready to buy when I thought to myself, "I don't really need this razor." I never tried the original Lupo and have no idea whether I would enjoy this one at a 0.95 gap on the scalloped side.
So I actually pushed back on the RAD and didn't order it. I'm sure they will be sold out entirely pretty soon. Then I'll likely read all the glowing reviews about this is the best razor ever on God's green earth and I'll feel bad that I didn't purchase one when I had the chance.

Then they will start turning up on the B/S/T like flies on barbecue because the people who posted all those glowing reviews will decide, after a month or two, that they didn't really like it all that much to begin with.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :001_smile
1609888346390.gif

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This might be one of the best built razors that Italian barber (Razorock) has offered IMO. (I have 3 of their SS models now)
- To me a safety bar should have lather channels and they have them .
- Another interesting feature that is the way they machined the lather ports, you now have 4 giving a lot more clamping to the edge of the blade and much much stronger if a person was to drop the razor accidently on the floor.
New RR Lupo base plates (2).jpg

- Another feature I like is the way the little corners are machined out so to get very close and inside the nose nostril to get those stubborn hairs.(I have a moustache and with the low head profile it will be a cinch)
- They also offer it at a lower price than the DLC Stainless steel one, I'm always looking for a bargain.
- another new feature is there is a flat area on the sides for fellows who like to rest their razor in this position with out it rolling over to the counter top like the 1st generation.(lots of interesting strengths physically engineered into this model I like.)

Now let see how the beauty performs (.72 variant) and I suspect it will not be overly aggressive but more in the <mid range> and that will be a nice range for me. I will just pop in a Kai SS extra wide blade if I want more aggression.
Looks like a winner in my eyes!

Last edited:
I pondered about purchasing the newer version, but let the RAD fizzle as I tried to justify why I would actually need this when I already have the DLC version with a slightly lesser blade gap and don't want anything more aggressive.

I am lucky to have checked this thread today, as the aluminum Lupo is a favorite of mine and I have been eagerly awaiting the SS. I ordered the DC and this will be my first dual comb.

All the comparisons in this thread have been to the DLC but are there differences in geometry between the aluminum and DLC (and therefore SS also)?

I've got two dual comb razors, an older Fendrihan and the Ikon SBS. I realized that when I shave with an OC, I like to use the OC exclusively. When I shave with a SB, I stick with that.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm happy that I ordered the .95 Lupo. Now both are sold out. This was fast! Obviously the market appreciates high quality products at a reasonable price! Thanks IB!
Good for you, if you find it a little to aggressive? just order the .72 base plate or vise versa for the .95 users on the next batch offering. They must think the .95 bottom plate is a good one . Some folks like a little more aggression because of coarse beard types and the .95 is a little more aggressive possibly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom