What's new

Lupo stainless?

Hi,

Does anyone know for sure if there is actually going to be a standard stainless steel Lupo released from RazoRock? I mean one without the black coating. And if so, when?

I absolutely love the aluminium lupo, but would prefer something more solid, weighty and premium feeling.

I think the lupo shaves amazingly well and in stainless, it could be the ultimate for me.

Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The DLC Lupo is my current favorite DE razor. Its amazingly smooth and efficient. I am always confused on the hate for DLC razors. I love the finish, makes it stand out and I have yet to see feel any drag as most people make it out to be.

The DLC Lupo is my current favorite DE razor. Its amazingly smooth and efficient. I am always confused on the hate for DLC razors. I love the finish, makes it stand out and I have yet to see feel any drag as most people make it out to be.
I also love the finish.
The DLC on the Lupo is super durable. I don't think all DLC is equal, so inferior coatings probably gave DLC a bad rap?
Or maybe there are metallurgical purists that hate the idea of their razors coated/plated.
Whatever the case, I'm glad I have the DLC version.
I wonder how many were actually produced

Well I think the DLC Lupo is a hassle to keep clean, the white soap residue is more visable on the dark surface than on a polished razor. Also not a fan of the handle. I've now put the DLC Lupo on the regular super knurl handle, which makes for an A+ Combo. But my inner "Monk" is annoyed by the colour difference.

Well I think the DLC Lupo is a hassle to keep clean, the white soap residue is more visable on the dark surface than on a polished razor. Also not a fan of the handle. I've now put the DLC Lupo on the regular super knurl handle, which makes for an A+ Combo. But my inner "Monk" is annoyed by the colour difference.

I notice that the DLC coating is more like a patina and unlike a thick uniform anodized aluminium razor coating. I find it attractive. Haven't had the leather deposits issues so far. I disassemble the razor and wipe clean with a cloth before storing.

The handle gets a bit slippery with slick lather but doesn't loose grip, plus I am accustomed to hold any razor closer to the head where the rings are and that makes it convenient.

Messaged them yesterday and they replied today. They don’t like to set dates for release but had told me in Oct that they may be ready mid Nov. I asked if they were still looking at this month and they said the razors are currently in production and projecting mid Dec now in order to get enough of a supply ready for release. Can’t knock them for wanting to have enough in stock after the scarcity of the DLC ones.

Messaged them yesterday and they replied today. They don’t like to set dates for release but had told me in Oct that they may be ready mid Nov. I asked if they were still looking at this month and they said the razors are currently in production and projecting mid Dec now in order to get enough of a supply ready for release. Can’t knock them for wanting to have enough in stock after the scarcity of the DLC ones.

Thanks for the update! Should be a very interesting razor!

Any idea if this will be same price as DLC version or a little less since one less process of that DLC coating?
I can only assume it'll be cheaper than the DLC.
The DLC versions of previous models usually carried a premium over the non-DLC versions of the same razors.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I found people who shave are very opiniated and that is not going to change IMO, keeps it interesting sometimes!

I bought the DLC after my positive experience with the Al version. I wasn't excited about a DLC coating at the time. It's actually pretty awesome. I agree with the previous post that it is more like a patina. It has a character similar to an antique bronze. My water forms soap scum super fast and I don't think its more noticeable on the DLC. If anything, its more noticeable on my polished razors. Regardless, I think its an excellent razor, coating or not.

The DLC Lupo is also my favorite DE and can't wait for the SS Lupo, should be a smooth, awesome shaver.

Just curious, what is all of your go to blade in the Lupo? I have tried Nacets, Silver Blues, and Feathers. Although I love Silver Blues in all of my razors, the Feather seems to be so smooth and efficient in the DLC Lupo.

Top Bottom