Gus, Great review on your Lupo experiences, great shave gear also.It’s been a bit since my last post here. Came around to using the Lupo .95 along with the Ethos soap and it was like putting on a well worn and comfy baseball cap. It kind of leaves one perplexed at still the questions that many have concerning this series from Razorock, Lupo series that is. It just covers nearly every range from mildly efficient to mid-aggressive yet still staying an overall smooth shaver. It’s relatively easy on the skin depending on your choice of size and it takes down whiskers with substantial ease. Sometimes we just overthink our shave parameters or the tools we use. Most times all it takes is a simple and slight adjustment on one’s shave angle or technique and bingo, it just clicks. Not every razor does that (as some offer a smaller or narrower window for angle adjustment) understandably but, the range for which the Lupo offers for technique variation is really quite remarkable.
It’s not a jewel in terms of finish nor a totally utilitarian looking piece of kit say, the Rockwell 6s or The Merica razor from WSC. It sits right in the middle with quality and craftsmanship equal to some of the best in this niche industry. You could buy the complete whole set up for well under $150 US and nearly be able to call it an adjustable a la the 6s/6c or the Karve. And whatever plate(s) that does not work for one, you get a nice return by putting it up on the b/s/t and keeping what works.
It’s not the end all be all razor in the market. Unfortunately, that razor will never exist simply because of the individual demands that a user expects from their tool based on their specific criteria and needs.
But, this razor sure does bring value and performance to the table for the vast majority of wet shavers out there. Every time I use it I enjoy the heck out of it because it simply delivers a fine shave 99% of the time. The other 1% percent when it‘s a bit off is solely on user error, in my experience. Yes, it shares a place with my Rocnel Sailor ‘21, Taiga, Timeless Ti and a couple of others in the den. Not bad company to be quite honest…..
View attachment 1325444