What's new

Lupo stainless?

Again after some detour, I came back to the Lupo. Not sure why I would need any other razor, even the one I sought after for long and now finally have, I just want to use the Lupo. I don't have a heap of razors, but I have covered the spectrum from mild to aggressive, from safetybar to OC to slant. This razor stands out: it is smooth, it is efficient, it is nimble, and it does this with many blades.
Tried the RR Ti handle. Grip is good(as in I didn't need to think about it, I just hold it), but its length is a bit funny. It definitely affects the balance of any razor. I wouldn't say it is bad, it is just unusual. Despite the weight, I might like the Super knurl better, the only issue with it is that I cannot hang the razor by it on my stand.

P.s.: it seems the honeymoon period with this razor will not end :)

Hey guys! I have been using a Muhle R89 and looking for an upgrade. I want a more efficient razor and thinking about the lupo. Which one would you suggest between the 3 versions?

Στάλθηκε από το IN2013 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hey guys! I have been using a Muhle R89 and looking for an upgrade. I want a more efficient razor and thinking about the lupo. Which one would you suggest between the 3 versions?

I would suggest the 72. Great smooth shaves, efficient, all around a great razor. The 72 is my favorite model of the Lupo, and I've tried them all except the Dual Comb.

Is the .72 that much more efficient? My problem is with my chin hair. The R89 needs 4 passes and touch-ups to clean it and I end up irritated!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Is the .72 that much more efficient? My problem is with my chin hair. The R89 needs 4 passes and touch-ups to clean it and I end up irritated!

If you want a significant increase in efficiency, I would say to go to lupo 95, which is at the top of Razorock's efficiency list and is smoother than expected.

Or the compromise solution is lupo dc. Many people, including me, feel that the two sides have very similar comfort.
This way you have a smooth and efficient 95sb; and 72oc can be used in areas where you want to improve passability, a smaller gap will not increase excess stimulation.

The Lupo is a great razor (I have both the 72 and 95), but I would suggest also looking at the EJ 3one6 if you like the 89, but want something more efficient. The Muhle Rocca is also a great choice with near identical shaves as the 3one6. Both of these razors shave closer and are more comfortable than the Lupo for me. Just a couple of suggestions to consider.

Update on the handles, if anyone is interested. After I got used to all my handles, my preference is: SuperKnurl, Titanium, HD. The SuperKnurl has the perfect length for me, the HD is a tad too short for my paws. (I can shave with the original Merkur HD without issues which is even shorter so it is only a preference).
Blades: 7 o'clock yellow became my other favorite besides Astra SS. Tried a feather again, but the other 2 are way more comfortable during the shave with practically the same result. I'll save the feather for other razors.

I will now use the Wunderbar for a while, test blades, handles, etc. The bar is high, not sure it will be able to beat or even match the Lupo. We'll see :cheerful:

Aluminum Lupo!

Update on the handles, if anyone is interested. After I got used to all my handles, my preference is: SuperKnurl, Titanium, HD. The SuperKnurl has the perfect length for me, the HD is a tad too short for my paws. (I can shave with the original Merkur HD without issues which is even shorter so it is only a preference).
Blades: 7 o'clock yellow became my other favorite besides Astra SS. Tried a feather again, but the other 2 are way more comfortable during the shave with practically the same result. I'll save the feather for other razors.

I will now use the Wunderbar for a while, test blades, handles, etc. The bar is high, not sure it will be able to beat or even match the Lupo. We'll see :cheerful:
I have the .72 Lupo but prefer the RR Wunderbar over it. The Wunderbar gives an extremely close shave, closer than my Lupo, and is reasonably comfortable. I shave every other day at most and that may have something to do with my opinion. If you are in the Wunderbar price range you may also want to consider the Yates 921-M or other more aggressive variants of it. My Yates 921-M is one smooth razor that has proven itself to be efficient enough for me.

Comparisons with other razors aside, the Lupo .72 is a darn good razor particularly at that price point. As to handles, mine came with the UFO which I don't particularly like. I just don't find it as comfortable as my Barberpole handle which I got with my Game Changer. I purchased the Wunderbar with Ti Halo which is a tad too long for my taste. Overall, of these I like the Barberpole the best for length, grip and comfort.

Last edited:
I have the .72 Lupo but prefer the RR Wunderbar over it. The Wunderbar gives an extremely close shave, closer than my Lupo, and is reasonably comfortable. I shave every other day at most and that may have something to do with my opinion. If you are in the Wunderbar price range you may also want to consider the Yates 921-M or other more aggressive variants of it. My Yates 921-M is one smooth razor that has proven itself to be efficient enough for me.

Comparisons with other razors aside, the Lupo .72 is a darn good razor particularly at that price point. As to handles, mine came with the UFO which I don't particularly like. I just don't find it as comfortable as my Barberpole handle which I got with my Game Changer. I purchased the Wunderbar with Ti Halo which is a tad too long for my taste. Overall, of these I like the Barberpole the best for length, grip and comfort.
which blades do you like in the Wunderbar?

need to find/resurrect a topic for it 😃

which blades do you like in the Wunderbar?

need to find/resurrect a topic for it 😃
I actually had to do a search on my old posts for this one: Polsilver SI. I did a run of six or seven consecutive shaves with this blade in my Wunderbar recently and they were very nice indeed. I imagine a GSB would be fine too.

Top Bottom