What's new

Lupo .95 vs Gamechanger .84

To me the Dlc 2020 version Lupo outperforms the GC 84 in both smoothness, and efficiency by a wide margin. If you get the angle at about 45 degrees (not 35) it shaves like butter. Looking forward to try the .95 Lupo 2021 version and hope it amps the blade feel and efficiency while maintaining smoothness. hopefully it doesn't take too long for Razorock to deliver the .95

Ps--My guess is that the .95 Lupo knocks the GC 84 out of my rotation. One stays, one goes. Let's see what razor my face loves!? I'm hoping they didn't change the Lupo geometry much from dlc 2020 Lupo.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
To me the Dlc 2020 version Lupo outperforms the GC 84 in both smoothness, and efficiency by a wide margin. If you get the angle at about 45 degrees (not 35) it shaves like butter. Looking forward to try the .95 Lupo 2021 version and hope it amps the blade feel and efficiency while maintaining smoothness. hopefully it doesn't take too long for Razorock to deliver the .95

Ps--My guess is that the .95 Lupo knocks the GC 84 out of my rotation. One stays, one goes. Let's see what razor my face loves!? I'm hoping they didn't change the Lupo geometry much from dlc 2020 Lupo.

In my opinion, the new Lupos feel different than the now discontinued DLC.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Has anyone tried both? Is the new Lupo .95 much more efficient than the Game changer?
I have the RR GC .84 and the RR 2nd generation Lupo .72 and no doubt for my beard medium type the Lupo.72 is a little more aggressive and much more efficient meaning the Lupo.72 works better for me. For the RR GC.84 to bump up aggression and efficentcy I like the Kai SS blade and it becomes a lot closer to the Lupo.72. The Kai blade is a wider blade than a standard Gillette blade by .009" or .0045" per side and is Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity and gives more blade feel on the Game changer .84. The installing and withdrawing of blades is better in the Lupo.72 and to be honest both razors are fairly carefree shaves and I have no issues with manipulating either razor over my face.( I do not head shave) so I can not recommend either razor for that important shave because that takes a razor that might need to be gentler. I did watch a Youtube video Rud shaves and he like the DLC lupo 1st generation for head shaving.
If a person has good hand technique the Razorock Lupo.72 is a wonderful carefree shave razor IMO and if a person has to have more aggression and efficentcy in the Lupo.72 just install a Kai blade and go to town because it will bump it up guaranteed IMO. KAI SS DE Blade.jpg
Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

When I compared the Lupo .72 SB vs. the .95 SB the smoothness of the shave was very similar but the .95 was definitely more efficient. I then compared the Lupo's to my WR1 Wolfman's with similar blade gap and the Wolfman's were smoother but the efficiency was close on the .72 vs .74 but the .94 WR1 beet the .95 Lupo in smoothness and efficiency. Now granted is the difference worth a 1 year waitlist and about $240, thats up to you to decide. Thankfully I bought my Wolfman's before the huge price increases.

I have the new .72 Lupo and love it. I ordered and just received the .95 base plate but I have not tried it yet.
Hi,have you tried both baseplates on the Lupo yet?How do they compare in aggresivness?I've got the gamechanger .84sb and can't decide on the lupo 72 or 95.Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I have both the .72 and .95 Lupo and was thinking the the SS .72 Lupo would be my go to, as my favorite DE prior to the release of these recently was the DLC Lupo. Honestly, I was surprised the the .95 Lupo has become my go to and favorite DE now. I was never one that was in to aggressive razors and shaves and didn't know how this one would be, but man, it's the smoothest and best that I have used. I am head shaver so a close, comfortable shave is important.

Give the .95 a try if you haven't and are on the fence about it.

To add to this, I also have the Gamechanger .84 and love that DE still, but again, the .95 SS Lupo has topped them all.

I have both ... well, actually I have all the gamechangers... and the .95 Lupo SS. I was rotating the .85SB/OC for a while (the 85 JAWS had too much blade for my taste and the 68's are way too mild), but the 95 Lupo is my one and only, at least for now. I thought about trying the 72, but I have a coarse beard made out of electrical wires, so I need aggressive. I also have sensitive skin, but the Lupo 95 is smooth and gentle too.

I'd be avoiding anything more aggressive than the 84.
Do you still feel that way now? I have the .84 and I'm very happy with it but sometimes I wish I had something with a little more aggression. I enjoy the blade reveal and I think my skin is getting used to it.

I might try the .84 open comb. I think that's as high as I want to go, aggression-wise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom