What's new

Lupo. 58 or Alpha Outlaw. 56

Wait! I have a gold plated Gillette aristocrat (or at least a soviet copy).
I've been using my Rocket with a permasharp. Good, great even but... there's so many razors to explore. I love and hate it. I dont really have excess funds so I desperatly need to hit the pauze button, but I do really enjoy exploring.

Or maybe I'm just trying to get @Iridian 's attention. We used to private message, but those days seem long gone. I figured ordering mild stuff would trigger him, but no pm yet. I feel alone surrounded by razors that he recommended. If I watch closely I can see poppa smurf in their reflective heads.

Tomorrow or Sunday I will be sure to talk about how magnificently innovative and efficient the Rockwell 6 is and he' ll go bonkers.
Can't wait! 😁

Last edited:
Soooo the Rockwell 6c white chrome arrived yesterday, but I had no time to use or photgraph it until this morning. I did check the instructions sheet, so I was sure to put the plate in correctly. Decided on number 5 and loaded it with one of my preffered blades, a Treet 7 Days platinum.

What.A.Shave!!! This thing is as smooth as my Rocket HD. Sure it's a bit head heavy, but then the head is quite bulky so no surprises there.
Pretty cool find to have one plate with two different aggression settings.

The shave was smooth and enjoyable. Efficiency on plate 5 is already a touch better than my Rocket HD. I known praising a razor after it's first outing is usually due to honeymoon-effect but... This is a cheap razor that I bought because I was bored and wanted to see why some people dislike it. It didn't particularly appeal to me in any way other than it's price. I'm not praising because it's some sort of expensive show-off piece that I paid half a months wage for... It really is just a very enjoyable operator. Will probably use plate 5 for a couple of shaves then Explorer number 6. The others, it appears, won't be of much use to me. Surely if Rockwell included a 7 to 10 plate it would be insanely more popular.

full

Top Bottom