What's new

Lunar eclipse: Get psyched!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Tomorrow night. Do not fail to look up! 😁 Like those dang moon-deniers.

Amaze the locals like Christopher Columbus did, as you turn the moon to blood. 🤣 Maybe get them to promise to vote your way in November.

Here's some links:

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Excellent info and links. Thanks.
Since the earth is flat how can there be a moon?
🤪😁😎

🤔 Easy! The Earth is flat, like a coin, and so is the moon - that's why you only see one side. So just like you can stack poker chips, the moon will slide right over us. It turns red from heat because of the friction from rubbing.

We're all excited, because during an eclipse the moon is actually close enough to hit with a rifle, so we got a bunch of ammo put aside for "the moment of totality," and bets are being taken on who busts it first.

🤔 Totally betting it's me! This one yokel thinks he can hit it with a shotgun - what an idiot! 🤣 But I got my Gulf War Ma Deuce, and everybody knows "50 BMG" means "Bust (the) Moon Good."

AA

Last edited:
🤔 Easy! The Earth is flat, like a coin, and so is the moon - that's why you only see one side. So just like you can stack poker chips, the moon will slide right over us. It turns red from heat because of the friction from rubbing.

We're all excited, because during an eclipse the moon is actually close enough to hit with a rifle, so we got a bunch of ammo put aside for "the moment of totality," and bets are being taken on who busts it first.

🤔 Totally betting it's me! This one yokel thinks he can hit it with a shotgun - what an idiot! 🤣 But I got my Gulf War Ma Deuce, and everybody knows "50 BMG" means "Bust (the) Moon Good."

AA
That explains why the moon has all those craters and pock marks. I learned something today.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

AA
The danger is hitting and cracking the dome. 😅

Ad Astra

The Instigator
😬 Another cloudy night eclipse.

We had hail and 60mph winds at one point, branches down and looked like a hurricane. Saw a few glimpses only through clouds.

Hope a bunch of you saw it. Not every day can you witness the celestial gears working.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Didn't see much in Europe, it didn't get overly red, but Starlink made an appearance and it was a good reason to use my flashlights late night. :)
A Starlink train is spectacular, if you catch one right after launch / before final orbits.

yah.jpeg

AA

Top Bottom