What's new

Lukewarm Water

Recently, I accidentally ran a sink full of lukewarm water. I used to use the hottest water I could stand to cup my hands in and wash my face. Lukewarm works so much better to hydrate my whiskers.

The general rule to learn from this is to change the routine once in a while. *

Try it. You might like it.

* Naturally, this doesn't include me using a soap other than WMS.

Lukewarm works for me as well. Hot water trashes my face (as does cold for anything but the final rinse).

Interesting concept! :clap: :clap:

Some guys prefer cold water; some hot!! You are in the lukewarm (compromise) camp.

I've been using lukewarm for a while, even in what is laughingly called "winter" here. At this time of year, pure non-hot tap water is already lukewarm, so I just use that. My shower is generally warm to nearly hot, so my beard has already been softened and moistened.

My theory is that cold water shrinks the skin back a tiny bit so that a hair follicle stands up and is easier to cut.

I fill up my shaving bowl with quite warm water and let it sit for a few mins to warm up the bowl. I use that same water to hydrate/prep my face a few mins later. It's a win-win, warm bowl make warm suds, hydrated face.

Warm doesn't strip the facial oils like hot water does allowing for a smoother shave. I don't like cool water until the very end rinse, before drying and after shave.

Interesting!
I'm sort of lukewarm to this idea!

proxy.php

After a couple lukewarm showers, my skin is soft and the flakiness gone. I can even fluff my hair over a dark phone screen and not see any flakes.

I use Ivory Soap.

Sometimes, it pays to be a moderate.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I lost a ton of weight and as such I'm cold all the time in the winter. So I use nicely warm water in the winter. Warmer than Luke, coolhand that he is... In the summer though, Luke warm or even cool is what I use to lather with. I always shave after a warm shower though.

I use La Toja bar soap, Dr. Bronner's Castile, or at the moment the Baume.be puck that while it makes a great bath soap makes modern Williams seem like Arko when it comes to ease of lathering.

I’ve tried cold water shaving, and while I have nothing against it... it‘s not for me. Lukewarm is also in that mix. I use hot water. As hot as I can tolerate. Here in Winnipeg, Canada, we have 2 seasons...winter and construction. But in all seriousness, our winters are nasty. Summers are short. I just enjoy the hot water more so.

For the past 18 months I have taken cold showers, and cold water shaves.
I only warm bowl of water for shave brush, and to use to build lather.
My skin has felt and looked better.

Top Bottom