What's new

Lucky Tiger...the ultimate AS and Face Tonic!!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I see that it doesn’t have alcohol.

It is Paraben free, but that word can’t be found in a thick dictionary.

Last edited:
I’ve looked at it but have never pulled the trigger. Is there any other aftershaves it can be compared to as far as scent?
Its orange scented gone in minutes, I buy it for the goodies it has for the skin.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I’ve looked at it but have never pulled the trigger. Is there any other aftershaves it can be compared to as far as scent?

If you have any experience with Pinaud Eau du Portugal...it is very similar in scent to that...and equally fleeting. A sort of very faint citrus/orange.

Wow awesome ingredient list. Unfortunately, it’s not for me. I Wish it had alcohol and menthol as I break out easily with balms / non-alcohol based splashes

I've been wanting to try Spieck, and Lucky Tiger

Those are 2 good choices

While I used to be all about the scent of aftershave splashes. I still do like a nice scent. I do appreciate the light scent that doesn't stick around either. So my aftershave doesn't clash with the cologne, that I use.

It's nice to have options these days.

I have been a big fan of Lucky Tiger aftershave splash and face tonic for several years now. It is a rare day that I don't use Lucky Tiger as a post shave. I always have two bottles on reserve! This product is, in my humble opinion, the ultimate aftershave splash. A faint citrus scent that wears off in seconds and a medicated blend of Aloe Vera, Calendula and Chamomile and a range of other soothing ingredients (alcohol free) to sooth the skin after a close shave. For those that like a scented AS splash or an ASB, Lucky Tiger serves as a perfect base for other post shave products. I am an ASB kind of guy and I always use Lucky Tiger followed by an ASB. A perfect combination. Lucky Tiger also makes several other shaving and hair care products.

The label says "...since 1935"...and they have retained an old school look to their packaging.

Any other Lucky Tiger Fans out there?

View attachment 1084931
View attachment 1084932
You've said it well and I couldn't agree more. LTFT is a part of my after-care routine (which includes ASB after the LTFT) and I can't imagine being without it!

Thayer's Original, Bigelow Dr. Galen, and this are my only aftershaves.

It's such a great formula, and my skin feels great when I use it.

no alcohol no bueno when it comes to splashes. I will gladly use alcohol balms however, but when it comes to splashes, it has to hurt in order for me to hand over my hard earned $20 or less.

Late to the Lucky Tiger party. Just tried it today for the first time.

I wasn't sure when I put it on as it seemed oddly slick and without the alcohol it goes on without any drama (given that we may enjoy a wee bit of drama).

HOWEVER, the effect was very good! The scent was as described upthread and pleasant. It dried quickly and disappeared. In a short time all I can smell is the lingering scent of the soap I shaved with. I can see how this could easily be followed with a more persistently scented balm or AS. I can also see why it might be a pleasant mid-day refresher. Glad I tried it — it's a keeper!

This is on the wall at my current road trip shave den. Camping at the lake, morning latte and shave are decorated thusly:
0FBC49CD-ED7B-4909-8C0F-E94DCB32A8BE.jpeg

I recently bought some Lucky Tiger. My Speick ran out so I tried something new. I like it. It really has no scent whatsoever. Very very faint orange scent from the bottle, but it disappears instantly, when applied.
I prefer alcohol based splashes I think. - Epsilon, Fine, Stirling, Speick.

Dont mind aspen ..cheap ..big bottle..citrus..spicy ...just a nice plain scent you can wear anywhere

Attachments

• C3A3AE95-BEEA-4031-86C3-697516A765A6.jpeg
    C3A3AE95-BEEA-4031-86C3-697516A765A6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Lucky Tiger has been in my rotation for about 4 years but I don't find it close in terms of skin soothing when compared to Floid Mentolado Vigoroso or Proraso Red.

Top Bottom