What's new

Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave and AS & Face Toni

I tried out some Lucky Tiger Products Pictured. The Liquid cream shave is a strange but excellent product that takes some getting used to. The first time I used it my instincts were to ignore the 'spread on your face using your fingers' instructions and just lather it in a bowl. No need for water since it's watery. Does it lather? It makes a very bubbly lather which not to my taste but the bubbles settle down after a while and it's not bad, slick, had an OK shave with a nick or two. Second time I followed their directions and the results were really, really superb and very different. If you like a very slick very thin but dense layer of cream on your face then this is for you. I did find it dries out a bit while shaving which I remedied by gently swirling in a little water with a brush on my face but not what I would consider face lathering, which with this product would probably wipe the cream off your face. There's lots of residual slickness, so I did a second pass without reapplying and cream. Love this product and will buy more for sure. The AS & Face Toner I found to be just 'meh'. Both products have a light pleasant citrus scent somewhere between orange and lemon. The AS FT is alcohol free. It goes on and just has the feel of splashing water. Nothing in it that gives your skin any feeling at all. I think the problem is the formula is extremely diluted. There was no safety seal so, you never know.
1611353794299.png

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I have not used any Lucky Tiger products yet. I will one day as I quite like the Graphics of the Lucky Tiger products.

I tried their Molle brushless. Didn't work for me.
I haven't tried it but I read some things about it and, realized it's not for me. Love liquid cream shave. Tempting to lather it, but it doesn't work so good when lathered.

It lathers up well for me. I just squirt some onto a synthetic brush and face lather. Quick and easy. Sure it's a thin lather, but it's perfectly fine to shave with.

An update. I've tried the Molle brushless. Pretty darn good. Lathering is impossible. Just slap the wet goop on takes some getting used to. Has a 70's Johnson and Johnson BandAid smell, which is weird but gives an excellent shave

I once was given a sample of the shave cream and did not even complete the shave with it.
Wiped it off my face and went back to my usual shaving soaps and creams.

Just not my cup of tea and, to be frank, people ought to think twice before spending money on it.

Which is not to say that some people will not like it.
To each his own…

B.

Right but shaving being so subjective YMMV . I really think the bottle cream and MOLLE are Both great products

I tried the "Liquid Cream Shave" a couple of weeks ago and really like it! Drizzle a little on the end of a wet brush and face lather as usual adding little bits of water. It lathers fine with my tap water. Not super thick but thick enough and super slick! No clogging etc,,, just a nice shave. I've used it now for 6 days in a row with a Rockwell 6c on plate 3 with zero problems. Kind of boring really. YMMV. Happy New Year All.

I tried the liquid shave cream 3 or 4 years ago and did not care for it at all. Gave it away as I recall. I did like the aftershave pretty well, now that I think of it I might get another bottle of it sometime.

Top Bottom