What's new

Lucky Strikes? Juul?

I'm never on this forum, but a little exploring shows me no threads on cigarette smoking. If this kind of discussion is out-of-bounds, just ignore or delete, with my apologies.

I smoke, when I can, Lucky Strike unfiltered cigarettes, which I love. I say "when I can" because I live in a strictly no-smoking apartment complex. I have occasionally been bad and smoked in my casita (bathroom, fan on) but it isn't worth it; I love my rent-subsidized apartment too much to risk it.

So I am thinking of trying a Juul e-smoke system. Does anyone have experience with them? How much smoke do they emit? Could I smoke a Juul inside with some freedom? Would I get that nice satisfaction I get from dragging on a Lucky?

Thanks for any help you can give, and again, sorry if I have trod where I shouldn't.

Yrs, Vespasian

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
You sensed correctly. We don't discuss cigarettes here. Perhaps you could read the "Required Reading to Post in the BL!" thread at the top of the forum.

On the other hand. . . good news. . . we have a subforum just for vaping . . . scroll way way down and you will see "The Vapors"

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
You sensed correctly. We don't discuss cigarettes here. Perhaps you could read the "Required Reading to Post in the BL!" thread at the top of the forum.

On the other hand. . . good news. . . we have a subforum just for vaping . . . scroll way way down and you will see "The Vapors"

Just for clarification, discussion of cigarettes is allowed.

@Vespasian , since the thread is mainly about vaping, the thread has been moved to The Vapors sub-forum.

Lucky me. I bought a Juul today. It seems to work fine in delivering nicotine. I have to avoid big clouds of anything in my no-cigs-allowed apartment complex, but the Juul will be OK. I've been checking through this Vape forum, and it looks as if a Juul is a whole different kettle of fish than those amazing science experiments I see illustrated, which give real meaning to the word "vape."

But if there are Juul smokers out there, join in this thread.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I smoke, when I can, Lucky Strike unfiltered cigarettes, which I love. I say "when I can" because I live in a strictly no-smoking apartment complex. I have occasionally been bad and smoked in my casita (bathroom, fan on) but it isn't worth it; I love my rent-subsidized apartment too much to risk it.

Yrs, Vespasian

If it was me I'd move. I own my home and live in the county, but after they passed a smoking law (with major contention) in town that barred smoking, of any kind, in restaurants I don't go to the cafes in town anymore. If a business it out of the city limits they can do what they want, so I patronize those.

If you really like where you live that's up to you. I never have gotten used to e-cigs. yet. Too harsh.

I work in the vaping industry and I would recommend that you look into a pod system vape (I have no experience with a juul). The mini fit pod system is a good place to start. As for eliquid, search for salt nicotine eliquid. The salt nicotine eliquid comes in stronger strength without being as harsh as standard high nicotine eliquid so you can easily quit smoking. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions you have!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Vespasian:
proxy.php
If I remember correctly, I think I started out smoking cigarettes (in some neighbors garage), at least 35yrs ago and my brand of choice then was Kool Non-Filter Cigarettes.

Kool Non-Filter Cigarette.jpg

Back then, those cigarettes were like Michigander firecrackers
proxy.php
...very easy to inhale (no resistance from a filter), strong, bold and smooth menthol taste...just the thing to keep one from falling asleep (or staying out too late playing hockey), in the snows and winters of the Great Lakes States (snicker w/a grin...like my great-grandmothers
Cheshire Cat).
proxy.php

In the late 1970's, I switched to Kool Filter King (in hard pack box), Cigarettes (I also smoke Cigars and Havana Ovals cigarillos [my tobacco consumption...at least 1/2 pack and at least a cigar a day] when I can find them...they work great when time is of the essence). :thumbsup:

However, as a cigarette smoker...I do have a natural tendency to inhale a tiny 'sip' of a cigar at the 'tail end of the draw', but not with every puff mind you.

On the other hand, I've never tried the Juul e-smoke system, but seeing others use them...I view them to be kind of 'complicated' (and think of the size??). :001_rolle

proxy.php
"There's nothing quite like tobacco...it soothes the soul". CBJ

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I work in the vaping industry and I would recommend that you look into a pod system vape (I have no experience with a juul). The mini fit pod system is a good place to start. As for eliquid, search for salt nicotine eliquid. The salt nicotine eliquid comes in stronger strength without being as harsh as standard high nicotine eliquid so you can easily quit smoking. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions you have!

I'm seeing some strange stuff . . people want to taper down but the eliquid they choose is higher strength than what whey were smoking.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Vespasian:
proxy.php
[On the other hand, I've never tried the Juul e-smoke system, but seeing others use them...I view them to be kind of 'complicated' (and think of the size??).
Vespasian:
Plus I know persons who have tried 'vaping' , but switched back to cigarettes for this particular reason(s). :001_rolle

proxy.php
"Smokers are the kindest people ever...until they [run out of] smokes'. Smokaboi

If it was me I'd move. I own my home and live in the county, but after they passed a smoking law (with major contention) in town that barred smoking, of any kind, in restaurants I don't go to the cafes in town anymore. If a business it out of the city limits they can do what they want, so I patronize those.

If you really like where you live that's up to you. I never have gotten used to e-cigs. yet. Too harsh.

Ah, you're fortunate that you own a house, where your rules rule. I was very lucky to snag my rent-subsidized apartment, as I live on Social Security, so no move for me.

On other topics, I like my Juul fine. Tobacco-flavored right now, minimal smoke/vapor, nicely fills my nicotine desires. It is a little harsh; small puffs only. I'll try the mint next.

But when I look at the amazing vaping devices you guys use, I feel sure that my kiddie-car Jool is scorned by you Lamborghini-driving super-vapers. But I see no reason for me to upgrade. Now.

Top Bottom