What's new

Luckiest wild find of my life!

Objectuser,

This is an extremely rare Gillette 195 Fat Boy Bottom Dial from 1960. The production was very limited and few if any were sold retail. You can find info on almost any Gillette razor on the Wiki Gillette listings. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Agrippa.

I did search around and found the link I posted above, which talks about the name, the origins etc. The thing with an image is you don't necessarily know how to find it with a search ... "nice looking razor with an adjustor at the bottom" :laugh:

BigJ; Man... That is all I can say. It looks like you will be turning your son into a vintage shaver WWWAAAAY before his time. Make a booklet of all the razors that you would like in a lifetime, and send him out as your point man on all of your in the wild expeditions from here on out. Make it small, so he can keep it inside his cowboy hat. Should he find one on the list- reward him with a nice triple X beaver felt Resistol or a Stetson cowboy hat since he wears one now; it needs to be a Ten Gallon with a Goin' to Hell crease like the one Tom Mix wore; then let him graduate into a pair of knee high Tony Llamas... When he finds an NOS Toggle-get him a horse. God Bless and Merry Christmas! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Awesome...but, from your picture it doesn't seem like you need a razor...How about a live auction, right here, if B&B permits....I'll put in the first bid...$81.

Congratulations!!PANELEDZERO. The odd's are like they say, Lottery style! Are you going to give it a test drive? I hear from some they love the shave well over the reg fatboy, as the lower dial makes a great finger rest and the weight and feel is more balanced. Keep us posted.

Top Bottom