What's new

Luck Find! Filarmonica Sub Cero!

Gents,

I was fortunate enough to find this unused Filarmonica 14 Sub Cero. I really like the Filly 14s...how are these Sub Cero razors? I haven’t yet had the pleasure of using one. I will fix that next week after it arrives!

Vr

Matt

7B93099B-8B6F-48B8-AC1A-71E48B0C4B66.jpeg
0267B8AD-CAA7-4137-8C43-36E7DDDEA669.jpeg
E5A02230-01C5-404E-B458-D20B0353DC1A.jpeg

Beautiful find! I just picked up a used one for a steal a few days ago. I don't know particulars about the sub cero but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Gents,

I was fortunate enough to find this unused Filarmonica 14 Sub Cero. I really like the Filly 14s...how are these Sub Cero razors? I haven’t yet had the pleasure of using one. I will fix that next week after it arrives!

Vr

Matt

View attachment 1129820View attachment 1129821View attachment 1129822

that ones bad. I see rust. the edge will degrade no matter what stone you use. pm me and I'll give you my address so I can dispose of the poor thing.

camo

that ones bad. I see rust. the edge will degrade no matter what stone you use. pm me and I'll give you my address so I can dispose of the poor thing.

camo

Yes...initially I thought it might work out, but honestly the blue scales are not going to match the furniture...you had better send me your address, so I can get rid of it Camo!

Ha! No lie...I was initially stationed in Colorado Springs, and my new wife was with me. She is a piano player, and I wanted to buy her a piano. So I found a beautiful Baldwin upright for 600-800 dollars...I don’t remember now...at any rate when I saw it in person I asked the owner if there was something wrong with it since he was selling it for such a wonderful deal.

He looked at me and said, “It doesn’t match the furniture, and I just want to be rid of it.” I said, “Okay! Sounds good, here is the cash and I will come back with some pals to take it away!”

She was just playing Rachmaninoff prelude in g minor the other night on that old thing...I did well for a knuckle dragger!
Vr

matt

Yes...initially I thought it might work out, but honestly the blue scales are not going to match the furniture...you had better send me your address, so I can get rid of it Camo!

Ha! No lie...I was initially stationed in Colorado Springs, and my new wife was with me. She is a piano player, and I wanted to buy her a piano. So I found a beautiful Baldwin upright for 600-800 dollars...I don’t remember now...at any rate when I saw it in person I asked the owner if there was something wrong with it since he was selling it for such a wonderful deal.

He looked at me and said, “It doesn’t match the furniture, and I just want to be rid of it.” I said, “Okay! Sounds good, here is the cash and I will come back with some pals to take it away!”

She was just playing Rachmaninoff prelude in g minor the other night on that old thing...I did well for a knuckle dragger!
Vr

matt
good man Charlie Brown!!!

camo

Thanks...he is a very talented gentleman at the top of the game! Perhaps someday I will snag one of his razors. I am fairly content right now with where my collection is at...but perhaps someday!

The Filarmonica 14, Henckels Zwillingswerk 14, and Kron Vest Mogol 14s are really just some of the most fantastic shavers that I have been lucky enough to use!

Vr

Matt

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Hey Matt, yes the steel is hard in these, they are cryo tempered steel. I have 2 of them and this one seems a little harder than the other, but I haven’t spent enough time with the other to be able to really compare. I keep trying to kill this edge by shaving with it and it’s having none of that! I’m logging my experiences in the ‘How many shaves’ thread.

Steve56

Here’s the other one in black scales, along with a Novodur in white. A black-and-white gentleman’s set. I’d like to test the Novodur too, but the blue Sub Cero won’t give up, lol.

A5D28448-F912-4C55-A98B-5DCD34AF2C0B.jpeg
35E8E7A7-84EA-4C24-8579-8F9AB1C807ED.jpeg

Steve56

That would be nice!

What might be better is the 3 bullfighting scenes, across 3 generations as mentioned in the ‘Filly Love’ thread.

BEE9223A-5099-43E6-B66C-A9DD53B73840.jpeg
EE5AEEE9-66CC-42F8-9F17-613979219E79.jpeg

Top Bottom