What's new

Lucchese-Nocona-Justin: FIT/SIZING Question

Hope this is not ridiculously redundant, but I would like to ask specifically about sizing differences between similar boots from these companies. I have had 2 pair of Justins, a pair of both Noconas and Luccheses, and many other misc boots for a long time, so I understand fit pretty well and some of the differences among these companies.

I am looking to buy another pair of Luccheses; however, my existing Luccheses are just a bit roomy compared to my Justin or Noconas of the same type/size. The only difference that I know of that might account for this is that the Luccheses are a softer suede leather that might be more broken in. This would account for a slightly larger instep, but not necessarily the extra room that I feel at the heel. Mainly I would like to know if the Luccheses are cut true to size these days, and particularly if they run the same ~size/cut as the Justins or Noconas. I'm looking at something in the 1883 series, btw, middle-of-the-road size 10.5D, 5 toe.

I also notice that new Justins seem to be running a little large compared to my older ones. I'm curious about that as well. Seems like things can be a bit of a moving target, and since I will not be near El Paso anytime soon, it's looks like it's going to be Mail-Order Roulette for me.

Thanks for any input.

Old Friends:
proxy.php

I wore boots for many years and had legions of them. There are vast differences between boot makers. I would NEVER buy western boots online (and I buy everything online). I have tried niconas and I couldn't even get my feet into them and the same size in Tony Lama was snug and Luccesse was perfect to a bit roomy. You need to try them on. Even among the same maker they can vary tremendously from style to style and toe types. I used to travel to El Paso on a regular basis so I made the rounds to all of them.

I wore boots for many years and had legions of them. There are vast differences between boot makers. I would NEVER buy western boots online (and I buy everything online). I have tried niconas and I couldn't even get my feet into them and the same size in Tony Lama was snug and Luccesse was perfect to a bit roomy. You need to try them on. Even among the same maker they can vary tremendously from style to style and toe types. I used to travel to El Paso on a regular basis so I made the rounds to all of them.
I hear you about the difficulty of buying online - even for a 'known' commodity. And yes, these things can be very variable, even for the same maker. I have 3 similar pairs of Justins - same size - from over the years and only 1 fits 100%. So, yes, it can be a complete crap shoot. The Noconas have been good for me, but the Lamas are way narrow (must size up).

Anyway, I did find out a couple of things after a good conversation with a large retailer. The particular Lucchese that I have now was known to have been cut large. Ding! That explains it. She assured me that - at least for the models that I'm looking for - they are cut true to size. We'll see. I'm probably going to give it a shot....:a52:

Top Bottom