Luc Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interview - Meet member Luc

Luc.jpg

Luc has been a member of Badger and Blade since December 1, 2008
-----------------------
01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I was curious about the process of wet shaving. Well, something different to the can and a Gillette Mach3. I always saw shaving as a chore instead of a hobby. So, when I started questioning Google, almost every hit was pointing toward B&B, so I started reading. Eventually, I shared some of my experience and also asked a few questions from more seasoned shavers. I was right! The community responded well and quickly.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I mainly work with data to pull some reports and follow my clients' portfolios. Just like in Office Space, I play with those TPS reports and other reports.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I visited most (but not all) provinces in Canada. I have two favorites, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. I love Newfoundland as it feels a bit like Ireland (and I have friends over there). Since I'm not living on the coast and love seafood, this is a fantastic place! I will always remember the first grocery shopping. The size of the meat counter for chicken, beef and pork was only fish over there. My fish counter was their chicken, beef, and pork counter combined together. I also went to Halifax, Nova Scotia for a visit and loved the vibe. It's a nice city and the food was great!

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I'm going back to Australia for sure!

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

I have two: woodworking and painting. I do a bit of woodworking which helps when I need to fix something in the house. Sometimes I need a new piece of furniture. I rather build so it's the right height and size than buying an Ikea piece. The second one is painting. I started painting when the pandemic began and I play with brushes here and there. I started painting in Acrylics while watching Bob Ross. Eventually, I tried a few different artists on the web and my paintings are getting better (I think). Right now, I paint using the Len Hend series. I probably press pause and rewind most of the time but I get there.

06. What do you like best about being a member of Badger and blade?

The camaraderie is what comes to mind. B&B is a fantastic place to interact with a variety of people that have different experiences, ages, countries. I love the fact that you can discuss heaps of subjects and get a lot of feedback!

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

I guess that I would need to pick Chef Rick Bayless. I always loved Mexican food. Growing up, we always ate the Old El Paso taco pre-made packages. One day, I saw the Iron Chef America episode where Rick was on. His food looked more authentic than anything that I previously ate. I decided to buy his cookbook Authentic Mexican 20th Anniversary Ed: Regional Cooking from the Heart of Mexico. I made all the recipes in that book. He was an important influence on how I cook. I'm sure he has great stories that he could share.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

I would like to rebuild a muscle car. When I was a kid, one of my neighbors bought a 1930s car that was barely running. It took him 2 years to rebuild it(engine, bodywork, etc). It was a great-looking car. I had to work on my sister's car and my car over the years(those were not vintage). I helped my dad a lot. He would change a piece because it might break, not because it's broken. I guess the dream built for me would be a Dodge Challenger from the '70s. I probably don't know half there is to know about the combustion engine but I guess it's part of the challenge.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

It might sound silly. I do not own a cell phone or mobile phone. I only have a landline.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Gather all the information that you can find on what you are looking at. Making an informed decision is the best decision.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

I believe that I had a similar question in the past. I went straight to Magneto's power (magnetism). That way, I can use metal to move stuff around. Also, with a proper pair of boots, I can even fly!

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

I think that would pick the easy way, a cat. I own a cat and it's a quiet animal, easy to get along with, and has an easy life. She probably sleeps 18 hours a day. There's always food and water, good life!

13. What kind of music do you like?

Rock from the '70s, '80s, and 90's. I enjoy AC/DC and Judas Priest.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Probably one of Clint Eastwood's characters in a western. I always loved that type of movie and it's difficult to find one today.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

Luc's adventures between Canandia and Australandia!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
If there is one thing in my life I could do over, it would be getting rid of my cell phone.

Now my employer puts apps on it and gives me a stipend but not a phone, have to use my own. I'd prefer to have a work phone I could turn off at the end of the day, and just go back to the landline.

With caller ID, so I don't have to talk to you if I don't want to. And most of the time I don't want to. lol

Great interview, Luc!!

Reactions: Luc
Great interview.
Good call on the cell phone: if you were a cat you wouldn’t need one and you’d be purr-fectly happy.
Magnetism…hmm…I can feel the draw to that super power.
Have fun with your woodworking. I can only make sawdust.

Reactions: Luc
Top Bottom