What's new

LRod's Acquisition and everything else Thread!

Welcome back Larry! And back with a bang. Looking forward to your impressions of the Executive Outlaw. I had an opportunity to get the original one, but I wasn’t looking for another razor. I might still contact the seller in the future.

Cheers,

Guido
Thanks Guido,
The original had a bunch of issues. If you ever end up getting one, I'd look at the one that I ordered that has been redone. The original had blade pins that were to small and required constant alignment when changing blades. It also had clamping that was to far inward on the head and made it chatter like crazy.
Those are the issues I remember!
From what I've read, they made like 70+ tweaks to the new one!
Like I mentioned before, I have high hopes for the new one.

Thanks Guido,
The original had a bunch of issues. If you ever end up getting one, I'd look at the one that I ordered that has been redone. The original had blade pins that were to small and required constant alignment when changing blades. It also had clamping that was to far inward on the head and made it chatter like crazy.
Those are the issues I remember!
From what I've read, they made like 70+ tweaks to the new one!
Like I mentioned before, I have high hopes for the new one.
I don't think they changed the top cap on the Evo, just the base plates. There's still a bit of wiggle room, but not much and they align well enough.
I don't know how bad the chatter was on the original version, but the Evo's had more of it than Rocca, RaziRock MJ-90A, Pearl Blaze, Edwin Jagger DE89, Merkur 33c, Standard Razor or Reggie's Razors Jupiter.
The last two are, for me, the best of their breed so far.

I don't think they changed the top cap on the Evo, just the base plates. There's still a bit of wiggle room, but not much and they align well enough.
I don't know how bad the chatter was on the original version, but the Evo's had more of it than Rocca, RaziRock MJ-90A, Pearl Blaze, Edwin Jagger DE89, Merkur 33c, Standard Razor or Reggie's Razors Jupiter.
The last two are, for me, the best of their breed so far.
Well, we'll see how it works out when I get it. I guess it definitely can't be worse than the original. The original just needed some tweaking, so I'm guessing I'll be OK with it.
And wow, I thought I had almost tried everything! Your list has 2 razors that I haven't come across:
The Standard & the Reggie's!
The Standard doesn't seem very interesting to me but the Reggie's does. I just visited both websites!
The Standard seems very expensive for what it is. The Shield aluminum GEM that I ordered yesterday cost me $35!
Now the Reggie's look incredible, Wow!! And Made in the UK! I shall start researching them!!;)

Last edited:
Forgot about this!
Just arrived, Timeless .68 OC polished with the 100mm barber pole handle.
I had one with the short handle and sold it last year to fund other purchases.
I soon realized that it was a mistake so I ordered a new one last week:

full

full

full

full

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I opened my Timeless SS 0.68OC razor head and Ti Crown handle and stand a few hours ago... and was a bit disappointed to see a mistake had been made in the packaging and they sent me a scalloped base plate instead of the open comb. I emailed them, not expecting a reply until tomorrow, but Jeremiah must have been working late because I got a reply in minutes. He is going to send me out the correct OC base plate, free of charge, with no return of the scalloped base plate. Talk about amazing customer service. Almost too good.

I did feel a bit uncomfortable about it as I had already offered to return the scalloped base but he said not to bother. I did suggest meeting him half way and asked him to invoice me. I'm sure he finally logged off from work and hopefully is sleeping soundly. I'll hear from him tomorrow, no doubt.

I opened my Timeless SS 0.68OC razor head and Ti Crown handle and stand a few hours ago... and was a bit disappointed to see a mistake had been made in the packaging and they sent me a scalloped base plate instead of the open comb. I emailed them, not expecting a reply until tomorrow, but Jeremiah must have been working late because I got a reply in minutes. He is going to send me out the correct OC base plate, free of charge, with no return of the scalloped base plate. Talk about amazing customer service. Almost too good.

I did feel a bit uncomfortable about it as I had already offered to return the scalloped base but he said not to bother. I did suggest meeting him half way and asked him to invoice me. I'm sure he finally logged off from work and hopefully is sleeping soundly. I'll hear from him tomorrow, no doubt.
That stinks Kim!
I've had stuff like that happen before. But at least he's taking care of it ASAP. That's great service!
I also feel uncomfortable when I've been told "keep it". But I guess it just emphasizes how good their service is.
That'll keep you (and us) coming back and keeps us as loyal customers. They know what they're doing, LOL!!

Well, I just shaved with it and was reminded of how dumb I was to sell it the first time around.
I used my new OneBlade Black Tie lavender shaving cream and a Bic Astor blade and had an incredible
shave. And I found it to be even better (for me) with the long handle. More more weight giving better leverage to offset the mega heavy head. So it feels super balanced!
Excellent!

Hope you get your replacement quickly Kim!

Here comes another one!
Public service announcement I guess!!
I got an email from Portuguese Factory yesterday and they're having a 10th. anniversary sale.
25% off with code: "CODE25SALE"
I've bought stuff from them before and they're an excellent vendor that ships from Portugal.
As far as adjustables, I've had the Pearl Flexi in SB & OC, Merkur Futur, Parker Variant & a few old Gillette's like the Slim and Fatboy. But strangely I've never owned the Merkur Progress (until now).
Folks, $38.17 shipped!!
$10 in rewards points that I had on a credit card and ended up paying $28 bucks for a new Progress.
Can't beat that!
Regardless, it's incredibly priced for the $38.17 that they have it going for.
And free shipping from Europe is rare. Whoever wants one, now's the chance.
They also have the long handle Progress for a bit more and also all the Futur's that are available.
Plus all the other good stuff that they have like brushes, creams, etc...
My Progress has already shipped!

full

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Forgot about this!
Just arrived, Timeless .68 OC polished with the 100mm barber pole handle.
I had one with the short handle and sold it last year to fund other purchases.
I soon realized that it was a mistake so I ordered a new one last week:

full

full

full

full

Ohhhhh my goodness, what a mighty beautiful razor. It shines so good I can see my reflection in it. I don't approve of my reflection, but thats another story for another day. 🤪I too find it interesting that you didn't go for the Crown handle. I guess you like your razors heavy like a hammer, surprised you didn't get a Peral hammer. Don't worry, I do have a hammer, its inside my shed. 🤪

I also see you considered it a mistake to sell your Timeless razor, to fund other razor purchases. We are some of societies biggest consumers, and your consumerism runs like a subway train. At each stop, another razor is purchased. But I suppose you could say, how do you know whats good out there, unless you've tried? All aboard the Larry train. 🚂Now that you have a Timeless razor again, you can get back to having timeless shaves.

Tute Tute, this trains inbound for, perfection shaves with GSB blades. 😁

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I ended up ordering a scratch and dent scalloped SS cap to go along with the SS 0.68OC base plate. That appeased my guilt as Timeless will get something out of it. They are a great company. I've ordered quite a few things from them over the two years as most of you know. This is the first time there's been a slip up... They happen as no one is perfect.

Jeremiah took care of the issue immediately, as I mentioned. I'll probably end up trying and comparing the scalloped base plate and the OC base plate with which I'm already familiar, just so I can determine the differences and can comment on them should someone ask. Who knows? There might be a good reason to keep both of them.

Top Bottom