What's new

Lowest Price for Martin De Candre

It is my number 1 soap. However, it is expensive when shipping is included. I bought mine directing from MdC when there was a group buy and bought some more when I was in France. I understand there is one US seller that stocks the soap but I don't recall the name.

Well, I wish it had occurred to me to do a post like this, might have saved myself some money. Rockero, if you order from Old Town Shaving send me a note with the price if you don't mind. I just order 1 regular and 1 fougere from the store in France, I am ashamed to say that I paid 135 with shipping.

I have the Scented, and It is good soap. Worth the hype? YMMV. I find myself reaching for La Toja, XXX, Tabac and Cella more often than my MDC. Glad I have it, but it's not my favorite.

Well, I wish it had occurred to me to do a post like this, might have saved myself some money. Rockero, if you order from Old Town Shaving send me a note with the price if you don't mind. I just order 1 regular and 1 fougere from the store in France, I am ashamed to say that I paid 135 with shipping.
+1, me too please :) with everything i hear about this stuff I am more then interested

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Rockero,

I think it's that good but YMMV. It's certainly comparable to Tabac in ease of lathering and other qualities without the Tabac scent. I've checked around and there isn't much difference in price really. Shipping from France is expensive if you only order one jar. BTW, the jars are 180-200g and one jar will last me a year.

PM me a mailing address and I'll mail you a sample so you can decide for yourself.

Cheers, Steve

The soap becomes significantly cheaper per jar when you buy 4 or so. I haven't ordered the stuff in a long time but I remember it used to be around $50 or so after shipping when buying 4 jars. You can definitely buy it from a couple vendors here in the states but I don't think you really save anything other than 1 week.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The soap becomes significantly cheaper per jar when you buy 4 or so. I haven't ordered the stuff in a long time but I remember it used to be around $50 or so after shipping when buying 4 jars. You can definitely buy it from a couple vendors here in the states but I don't think you really save anything other than 1 week.

^^This^^ Except I don't think you save any time. The last couple of orders I placed from France were in Tennessee on my doorstep in under a week.

Cheers, Steve

The last couple of orders I placed from France were in Tennessee on my doorstep in under a week.

Cheers, Steve

Steve,

I too remember the soap arriving rather quickly, at least for an international shipment. To California I think it was closer to 2 weeks, but thats still pretty good considering domestic "parcel" service from the east coast regularly takes at least 5 business days.

As to quality. IMO MDC is unparalleled. Awesome lather and cushion. I have both the original and the Fougere, both are awesome. As to price. The initial cost is deceiving. I have used mine for over 40 shaves and it still looks brand new. A little goes a loooong way.

I'm with you on the usage being outstanding . My jar is 1 year old next week, and with1-2x per week, it hardly looks dented. The lather this stuff makes is crazy

Thanks to Steve56 I received a sample of MDC and I have used this soap and I will be buying a jar of this stuff.

The lather of this soap is awesome and smells great.

I give MDC a 10/10

$65 for this soap is I think worth it.

As several of you have stated that you've had a jar for over a year and it doesn't look dented which says that this soap lasts a very long time.

In the long run $65 does not seem like a lot.

Top Bottom