What's new

Lowering rear sight

I happened to be watching Hickock45 yesterday do some shooting with a Glock 26. He mentioned that it was shooting high and that if he wanted to correct it he would have to lower the rear sight. I'm just curious how something like that would be done. The sight he was using was a stock Glock polymer sight. Curious.

I happened to be watching Hickock45 yesterday do some shooting with a Glock 26. He mentioned that it was shooting high and that if he wanted to correct it he would have to lower the rear sight. I'm just curious how something like that would be done. The sight he was using was a stock Glock polymer sight. Curious.

Curious why one wouldn’t raise the front sight and those are available in different heights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Depends on how much it was shooting high, but perhaps one could try a different combinations of front and rear sights. You could use either a shorter rear or a taller front. With polymer sights, you could try some judicious filing, but you'd run the risk of of creating a lopsided out of square sight if you weren't careful. OEM Glock sights are fairly cheap, but I'd look to some nicer after market sights. Or live with it as it is.

Top Bottom