What's new

Loving SE Shaving!!!

After a year of DE shaving I was looking for something different. I have everything from Fatboys, Slims, Red Tip SS, Muhle R41, Old Type, Tech, Gamechanger and almost everything in between. All of these have left me yearning for something more. After a lot of great advice from my fellow B and Bers I decided to try a SE. Hopped on BST in search of a good user grade. I like aggressive razors so was looking for open comb Micromatic and/or 1914 Ever-Ready. Found someone with both at a great price. I couldn’t have been more excited to try them. First one up was the MMOC. Got a good shave. Tried again the next day and same good CCS. Decided to try the 1914 the next night. Oh my goodness it was life changing. Comfortable. Close. Long lasting. Fun to use. It may have just ended my search for the perfect razor. I have used it exclusively since the first time I used it. Just something about it. Think I’m going to have some razors come up for sale in the next year or so. And maybe time to find one in a little nicer condition. Thank you all for helping me through my journey and finding me something truly magical.

Mitchell

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have both those razors and they are great to use for a morning shave.
Glade you enjoying the SE shaving adventure.

My favorite is an Er 1912. Picked up a British one and American . Then panicked because I thought of life without them and grabbed another Brit one that looks nos great shaver. Have fun.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It’s nice when it all just works.
It is nice when it all works out!!!
Once you go SE you never go back.
I will be hard pressed to go back.
My favorite is an Er 1912. Picked up a British one and American . Then panicked because I thought of life without them and grabbed another Brit one that looks nos great shaver. Have fun.
I am definitely in the market for a few more.

Congratulations on discovering the world of SE razors. They are fantastic razors, give great shaves and might very well be superior to DE razors.

So to get a little info because I have no knowledge of them. Is there anything that compares to the Ever-Ready 1914? How about modern SE. I love trying new things and once I get rid of some DEs I’ll need to replace with SE!!!

So to get a little info because I have no knowledge of them. Is there anything that compares to the Ever-Ready 1914? How about modern SE. I love trying new things and once I get rid of some DEs I’ll need to replace with SE!!!

There are a couple of modern razors that use the Gem blade these vintage models require, like the Blackland Sabre. Also consider the SE razors which take Feather Artist Club blades and their like from Kai and Schick. I think they're even better, and you're not restricted to just one make of blade. The lowest in price of these is the Razorock Hawk, and it's a very good razor. Probably better not to bring injectors into the picture.

Top Bottom