What's new

Loving my Schick Dial - Quick question on settings

I had bought this quite a while ago because it was a good deal - But hadn't used it until this week.

My grandfather was a Schick man - Since they issued one out to him in the Navy back in WWII so I wanted to have an injector razor. Anyhow it was nearly NIB with the included Schick Platinum Blades in the silver injector container.

So at this point I have found after a week that I love this thing just on setting 1 with a 3 pass shave - Probably the best shaves I have had ever and better than the many DE's I have!

So I bought more! Would these be similar in aggressiveness to this on 1?

I am eyeing an M47 (L1?) and another I am not sure the model - Pictures included. If they are close I'll keep them just didn't want to miss them as the price was great.

Otherwise I'll start lurking and collecting the Dial adjustable version.
il_fullxfull.1950011563_kl1y.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Thanks!

-- Warren

I have the Schick Injector adjustable Type M and I have the Schick Injector Type L-1.

The L-1 is a mild razor. I would guess the L-1 would be similar to the Type M adjustable on maybe a setting 3 or 4, at least on my face.

Find yourself an E, which is probably what your grandfather would have been issued. They are great shavers, but a bit more aggressive than the others.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying injectors. There's a lot to like. I would recommend getting a type E and/or G. The E is slightly more aggressive, and the G slightly less. The Type L is quite mild with regular Chick blades, but gives very good shaves. A Japanese twin blade makes a whole lot of difference--smooth and comfortable, but extremely efficient. You can try a type M, which is the adjustable, and works with both single and twin blades.

Let me climb on the E Type band wagon. These are wonderfully effective razors and the blades readily available in the states or on Amazon/eBay. And, the bonus is the blades last and last.

I prefer the E to the G also because I love the Catalin/Bakelite material and look. Bakelite was a wonderful plastic used in phones, radios, and electrical insulation. Amazing stuff indeed. The celluloid used in the G Type can outgas over time from what I have seen in auction offerings.

D

dangerousrazor

All injectors are incredible. They are easy to use, efficient yet smooth. I call them BBS machine.
I love B, E, G, M especially. Among them, If I have to choose one, it is M.
Not because I love M most but It is the most versatile of all. it is adjustable and can be loaded with twin blades.
Injector M loaded with twin blade is one of the best combinations you can imagine.

1561872558588160433584127878036.jpg
15618725748916747532184751913273.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome really enjoying mine - Best wet shaves I have ever had since I started about 5 years ago and I've had just about everything! :)

Thanks all for the replies!

Top Bottom