What's new

Loving my Bialetti!!

I’ve been enjoying my Moka pot very much. I think my favorite so far has just been a Cuban Cafe’. Simple to do with the 3 cup Bialetti. I use about 1/2 the sugar probably used in a traditional cup, but the Espuma is still very frothy and delicious. Love it. I’ve only made it with Medaglia so far, I’m going to try a Cuban roast soon. Cafe’ Bustelo was recommended, any other Cuban coffee I should consider? Thanks.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I’ve been enjoying my Moka pot very much. I think my favorite so far has just been a Cuban Cafe’. Simple to do with the 3 cup Bialetti. I use about 1/2 the sugar probably used in a traditional cup, but the Espuma is still very frothy and delicious. Love it. I’ve only made it with Medaglia so far, I’m going to try a Cuban roast soon. Cafe’ Bustelo was recommended, any other Cuban coffee I should consider? Thanks.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Yes-yes-yes!

Longtime Cuban coffee fan here ... Bustelo and Pilon are great, but if you can find the Bustelo Supremo or Pilon Supremo, they get the edge ...

Cafe La Llave is cheap, strong and very good.

Currently working on Cafe La Rica, another low-cost espresso from Nicaragua.

We are from Miami, grew up on Moka pots - always just called Cafe Cubano. Glad you know the "Cuban Aunt Method" of whipping up espumita!

I know the Italian grinds (cough, cough, Lavazza etc.) have tons of fans but we find them bitter.

Latin grinds are just what the doctor ordered, morning noon and night!

Disfrute su cafe!

AA

Yes-yes-yes!

Longtime Cuban coffee fan here ... Bustelo and Pilon are great, but if you can find the Bustelo Supremo or Pilon Supremo, they get the edge ...

Cafe La Llave is cheap, strong and very good.

Currently working on Cafe La Rica, another low-cost espresso from Nicaragua.

We are from Miami, grew up on Moka pots - always just called Cafe Cubano. Glad you know the "Cuban Aunt Method" of whipping up espumita!

I know the Italian grinds (cough, cough, Lavazza etc.) have tons of fans but we find them bitter.

Latin grinds are just what the doctor ordered, morning noon and night!

Disfrute su cafe!

AA

Good info! I’ll have to look for the Supremo! One more question. Do you recommend any particular kind of sugar? I’ve just been using regular white granulated. Thanks.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Good info! I’ll have to look for the Supremo! One more question. Do you recommend any particular kind of sugar? I’ve just been using regular white granulated. Thanks.

Wife does prefer Domino, but I can't swear to that one ... But like the ad said, "In mi casa toman Bustelo!" We really like it.

And yes, we have a grinder and do go that route occasionally. But for espresso convenience... Hard to beat tasty Latin grinds.

AA

Top Bottom