What's new

Loving Crabtree & Evelyn!

I am happy to find there are others that like the C&E Sienna SS. I just picked one up from, you guessed it, a shop that sells British products like GFT and T&H. I got it in the nice wooden bowl for less than a puck of GTF or some of the other products. Makes a super easy lather, even for a novice like me, and I got an amazing Uberlather today when I threw in a bit of Bigelow cream. This is my first soap and I have to say it is growing on me and the scent is excellent. Even if it is not in the regular rotation, it is one I think people should try since the price is right.

I had no idea they were American. They do a great job of looking and feeling very British.

I have two C&E soaps, Sienna and Sandalwood. On the bottom of the boxes the soaps came in, it states the soaps are made in UK and the bowls in India. The company might be American but the product isn't.

I do enjoy both soaps! :001_smile

Heh, I was rummaging through the shave den this evening looking for the perfect soap, and found my puck of C&E Sandalwood.

Wonderful stuff. :thumbup1:

Legion

Staff member
I haven't tried their soap but their cream is top notch. The sienna is probably my favourite scent.

If you want to spoil yourself try the bath soap. Great too. :001_smile

Some people like myself get rash from the C&E products which is a pity because I have not found any scent as pleasant as the Sienna. The Sienna was my first real soap and I thought it was normal that my face should be red after the shave. I still have a bowl with 1/3 left of the puck and a refill, will somebody trade it all for a slant?

C&E Sandalwood is one of my go-to soaps in my current rotation (the other being EJ Seabuckthorn). It really is a great everyday performer.

I just picked up some Sienna on the weekend and I must say, it's not bad! I like the scent, it performs well. Will certainly keep it in the rotation.

I think the only other shave soap they had there was Nomad and was not really a fan of the scent. (neither was the wife).

I don't know if it performs as well as Speick or Tabac (certainly smells better than Tabac) but it performs good enough for me. :001_smile

My wife gave me a puck of Sienna soap as a gift and for the sake of harmony I use it regularly (apart from this month when I have something else to use). I enjoy the scent but I find the soap to be an average performer at best.

I like the Sandalwood soap so much that when C&E closed them out a couple years back, I went bought what refills they had left at $3/puck! I have a good five years worth of shaves if I were to use those alone.

C=E is one of the few stores that sell "the good stuff" where I live. I'm going to swing by and get a puck tomorrow.

Is there such a thing as soap acquisition disorder?

I have both the sandalwood and Sienna. I think Sienna lathers easier than sandalwood, and is slightly more lubricious, imho.

The C&E near where I live carries Edwin Jagger brushes and razors on the shelves. They also just got in the Sandalwood cream in a jar, and it blew my socks off. I'll have to see if they have the soap, and if it has the same scent as the cream.

I Love the scent of the Sienna and the Nomad, but find them seriously lacking in moisture when compared to great tallow based soaps like Tabac and Palmolive. I get around this by adding a pump or two of unscented Kiss my Face. Makes a fantastic lather with a fantastic scent. I shaved with Sienna/KMF this morning!

I may be late to the party on this, but I did notice the CE site now has Sienna SS in the bowl and in refill. For quite some time you could only get Nomad on the site and in the store, no sienna to be had. I wonder if this signals that they are bringing Sienna back as a regular part of their line. Would love to see Sienna return in the SC as well. Anyone seen any Sienna in the stores recently?

The Canadian C&E stores have had the Sienna soap, as well as the other two for the last couple of years at least, none of these ever disappeared from the shelves. It's hard to track down the Sienna cream here though.

I'm a big fan of the C&E sandalwood soap. It smells great and although there may be better soaps out there, it does a fine job and I'm always left with a great shave.

I have the Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap with the wood bowl.
It's a fine product, not as good as MWF, but YMMV. Anyway, I love it!

I had no idea they were American. They do a great job of looking and feeling very British.

According to the package of my C&E Sienna, the soap is made in the United Kingdom, while the bowl is made in India.
Why do you guys think they are American? :tongue_sm

Top Bottom