What's new

Loving cheaper soaps!

I feel about all my shaving items how I feel about whiskey. I might try a top shelf or even bottom shelf product occasionally if it stands out. But mainly I stay in the middle.

The scents available from independent soap makers, and their passion about their wares is wonderful. Most of these fall into mid range prices, and I like supporting small businesses.

All that said, if I only had Proraso for the rest of my life I'd be content.😁

Whilst I think the higher end soaps are excellent and give a wonderful shave, I've been trying some of the cheaper ,popular soaps and creams, some of which are new to me.
So far these are cella brick, MWF, and Praso, sensitive and green menthol.
These are so good, that I wonder if there are great differences between cheaper and more expensive soaps. Apart from expensive scent oils in the higher end stuff. So far, my fav is proraso menthol. I've a poor sense of smell, but this croap gives my skin a lovely tingling feeling , not irritating my skin, but a nice sensation, reminding me of Meißner Indian flavour.

Just my thoughts on these good value products.
My 2 cents - razorock lower priced pucks are excellent. I don't know if $18 is considered lower priced but extro has some nice glass jars that treat your face right.

You should add Pre de Provence to your selection. It's an inexpensive hard puck that works great and is long lasting.

Proraso red is the standard by which I judge other soaps.
I agree. I like both the Bergamot & Thyme and especially #63. The after shave balm for both scents (IMO) are great as well.

Inexpensive soaps can be excellent both scent and performance and always keep a good selection in the den:

Shannon's Soaps
Razorock
Mama Bears/Honeybee/QED
Victory Shaving
Stirling
Proraso Red
Adagio Road
Elegant Rose
Crown & Crane
Palmolive Stick
Haslinger
Siliski
Mike's
Perfectly Natural

The EdT does not smell like the shaving soap, IMHO. It's still a good scent, but it is noticeably different from the scent of the soap. It lacks the touch of tobacco (and leather, IIRC) of the soap.

That's correct. I bought the cologne a while back and use it regularly but it doesn't stay around long and it does smell different from the shaving soap.

Tobs …cella…Stirling…tabac…vitos both red and green …proraso red green or white…Palmolive in a tube…razorock in saying that also Tfs…the list goes on cheap soap does not always mean it’s bad soap or cream…

For the past week, I've used SV and. Proraso white alternatively, and apart from the scent, I'm struggling to find a difference in the quality of lather and shave.
Help, please get rid of the bats!

I used Arko for the first time last night, I might use it again tonight but I don't think it's for me. It performed ok, but the smell and how it dries my skin I think I will pass on. I always give something a second chance though.
When I have enough posts to post something on the BST the Arko sticks will be a freebie with whatever I sell that is for sure.

I used Arko for the first time last night, I might use it again tonight but I don't think it's for me. It performed ok, but the smell and how it dries my skin I think I will pass on. I always give something a second chance though.
When I have enough posts to post something on the BST the Arko sticks will be a freebie with whatever I sell that is for sure.
The drying is reported sometimes. Some say the skin adjusts, some leave Arko at that point. I have quite robust oily skin so it’s not really an issue for me. If you have the chance try the tallow free Arko shaving creams. Mild scents and good performance for small money.

F1EA2467-C238-4765-BD60-E5639F6127D6.jpeg

The only major difference I am noticing is the cheaper soap is my drying to my skin perhaps, but it could be how much I keep applying soaps to my arm.

Top Bottom