What's new

Loving Cella

Tonight I came back to a soap I hadn’t used for a while... it was Cella. Ahh Cella....I got the most amazing lather and shave with it. It’s wonderful stuff. Smooth and rich, not too expensive, silky lather, very slick. Who else here likes and uses it?
What are your thoughts on it?

Razorhead

This is one I think that I will always have around as it’s great in almost all categories;
Smells good , lathers well, great value etc.
while I think there are other things out there that are better, I will always have a jar of this around.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
It was my very first shave soap (based on comments on this forum), and it did not and still does not disappoint. Love the scent, love the performance.....love it!!!

It's a good soap but I put it into a tube to make a stick out of it and I find it outstanding! It is one of the best performing sticks I have. You're really missing something if you don't try it as a soap stick.

Cella_Merkur.JPG

It was my first soap. Very slick lather. I still use once in a while. Though I can’t decide if I like the smell. It is really nice but I don’t think that it covers my tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny that Razorhead started this post, as I had my first shave with Cella Milano Crema Da Barba, the red tub. It's been many years since I've used both the cream and the 1 kg. soap. I was going to start the post saying, Marco is always right - but we all know this..."

I've been on an Omega boar brush kick lately, which we all know leads to lathering of Italian soft soap.

Well some things change with age, and some don't. I used to be put off by the sweet cherry almond, but I found that now I enjoy it. I remain not enjoying the small red tub. However the ease of making lather, the cushion, slickness and post shave feel are all excellent just as I remember.

So I'll be spending a lot of time with Cella this spring and, yes Marco is always right. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Love Cella, but sometimes it doesn't treat my incredibly handsome face well. OCCASIONALLY the almond (I believe) causes my face to redden and be sensitive. And that is hard to do. Typically I could use gasoline as an aftershave!

I got my Cella delivered today. It’s my first tallow soap.

I was waiting all day to shave with it as the reviews have always been great.

so had a head shave today with it
Brush: Edwin Jagger Synthetic silver tip
Razor: Paradigm Ti SE
Soap: Cella
Blade: Feather Super Pro

Easy to make lather and lots of it
Very nice cushioning I thought
Love the scent of almond/marzipan
Very good glide
Good post-shave feel

I’m no expert and YMMV, but out of the 20+ soaps I have (all non tallow), this is now in my top 3 alongside MdC, and SV.

i can’t wait to try the Tabac in a few days

if anyone is buying their first soap, or wondering about Cella, I would whole heartedly recommend it

It is great stuff and when it runs out, I would definitely buy another !!

A81359DF-6598-4DA9-BDDD-901833FB393C.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Tonight I came back to a soap I hadn’t used for a while... it was Cella. Ahh Cella....I got the most amazing lather and shave with it. It’s wonderful stuff. Smooth and rich, not too expensive, silky lather, very slick. Who else here likes and uses it?
What are your thoughts on it?

Razorhead
Great croap for sure. I used it for a pretty long time and loved it until it started irritating my face. I’ll give another go in a few months perhaps. Things change and the worms do turn.

I’ve realized that at such an old formula to it it makes you think that some things never die. It’s suppose to have originated in the late 1800s I believe!

I'm a fan of Cella. Like to shave with it on work days, as it lathers quickly and provides a great shave.

My red tub just seems to last and last. For the quality to price ratio. Cella get's 2 thumbs up from me.

I've never used it but I was curious about it while following other recommended soaps but decided not to buy it because of the described scent.

It's cherry and almond, right? Is it not a bit sickly smelling? How soft/hard is it compared to say proraso? And is the 1kg block exactly the same as the little red tub?

It's cherry and almond, right? Is it not a bit sickly smelling? How soft/hard is it compared to say proraso? And is the 1kg block exactly the same as the little red tub?
The fragrance is cherry and almond but not sickly smelling at all; it fact it is delightful. The 1kg is a slightly different formulation, it is a little softer I believe, and it will last over 2 years of daily shavesldeal ig you could find two or three to share with. See here; Cella Vs Cella, what I believe - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/cella-vs-cella-what-i-believe.182462/

When I finally learned that there were soaps other than Willams pucks, I got a brick of Cella and a dozen Arko sticks and thought I was set for a decade.

Of course B&B exposure resulted in a mild case of SAD, but the Cella by itself would have been entirely satisfying. My eldest son, the head shaver, uses it almost exclusively (from my brick, of course). Just a great soap.

Top Bottom