What's new

Loving Cella

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Cella is my go-to soap. It never fails to effortlessly make gobs of quality lather, even with my sometimes rather dodgy well water. The stuff just lives to lather.

Yes, the scent is of cherries and marzipan, but it is not cloying or sickly. It's just there in the background, a warm and welcome reference to simpler times.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Funny that Razorhead started this post, as I had my first shave with Cella Milano Crema Da Barba, the red tub. It's been many years since I've used both the cream and the 1 kg. soap. I was going to start the post saying, Marco is always right - but we all know this..."

I've been on an Omega boar brush kick lately, which we all know leads to lathering of Italian soft soap.

Well some things change with age, and some don't. I used to be put off by the sweet cherry almond, but I found that now I enjoy it. I remain not enjoying the small red tub. However the ease of making lather, the cushion, slickness and post shave feel are all excellent just as I remember.

So I'll be spending a lot of time with Cella this spring and, yes Marco is always right. :)

My friend, thank you so very much for these nice words. Truly appreciated. :ouch1:

Just shaved with Cella. I was starting to think lately Cella wasn't the absolute best, wasn't the slickest. I thought "there are better soaps" I reached for it just now, late night shave. Used minimal water. Got a beautiful silky smooth shave. Unexpectedly great. Just wonderful!

I just started using the Cella in the red tub 2 weeks ago. Thumbs up so far; this is the only soap I've used in that time. Great cushioning, easy lathering with very little soap, good slickness (but not as good as Williams or Tabac for me), pleasant but barely noticeable scent, and it never dries on my face. Also, after using for 2 weeks, no noticeable depletion of the puck, so this will probably last a long time. Seems like a good value.

you just can't go wrong with Cella, it was the first soap that I purchased when I started wet shaving. After finishing the red tub I committed to the 1Kg brick. There will always be Cella in my den.

Love Cella, but sometimes it doesn't treat my incredibly handsome face well. OCCASIONALLY the almond (I believe) causes my face to redden and be sensitive. And that is hard to do. Typically I could use gasoline as an aftershave!

From the tub or brick? I had issues with the tub also, but never with the brick, liked the way that one sniffed better too. ☺️

Anyone tried the boo extra ? I've never tried Cella before as I fear the tallow and almond scent would irritate me.

Love Cella. Probably my second favorite soap behind MWF. Only the kilo block for me. Tried the tub and my only complaint is that it’s not wide enough for me

Top Bottom