What's new

Love the idea of the stick but am just not a stick guy

I love hockey
SSP.png
(yer, yer, shaving too), so guess I am both a "stick" and a "puck" guy.

I don't mind sticks. I had some Arko that I mashed into a jar/tin, but it wasn't slick enough so I got rid of it. I have some Speick and La Toja. I love the La Toja. It smells good and the slickness is there. I think the Sensitive cream is a little slicker, though. I keep a stick of it handy and I load my brush over my shaving bowl and then lather in my bowl. I don't lather so much on my face or hand because I am better at using the bowl. I don't see any difference between loading from a stick and loading from a jar.

Love the idea of the stick but am just not a stick guy

This sums me up well. I have a few that I've given to my son or use for travelling, but I prefer to load my brush from a bowl.
When traveling, I always use a stick. It's very convenient.
Yep - esp. when flying and "in country" for a long while.
I don't get that at all but I do love your signature! *Re:

Legion

LOL -- couldn't agree more!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I like to use a stick while traveling. And I travel a lot. Though if I’m in a long trip, i sometimes bring a full size tub. Like now. On a 2 weeker. Have a full tub of B&M Death. But normally I travel with a stick only. I use Arko, or King of Shaves stick. Sometimes La Toja. Sometimes I get a PAA stick, like Club Guy. I mix it up. I also face lather 95% of the time whether home or away.

I’m more of a tub/puck person. But sticks are good too. I’ve only tried La Toja, Speick (tallow version) and Palmolive sticks and have a Lea stick that I still have to try. Of the three that I’ve tried I’d rank them as follows:

1) Speick tallow
2) La Toja
3) Palmolive
With Lea as unranked as of now. I’ll update when I’ve tried the Lea

I’m more of a tub/puck person. But sticks are good too. I’ve only tried La Toja, Speick (tallow version) and Palmolive sticks and have a Lea stick that I still have to try. Of the three that I’ve tried I’d rank them as follows:

1) Speick tallow
2) La Toja
3) Palmolive
With Lea as unranked as of now. I’ll update when I’ve tried the Lea
I have all three on your list. I bought them as sticks and found I liked them better after I puckified them. So much easier to lather from a puck than a stick (for me, anyway).

I have all three on your list. I bought them as sticks and found I liked them better after I puckified them. So much easier to lather from a puck than a stick (for me, anyway).
I’ve only tried the La Toja that way. Either way works well for me. Glad you found a way that you. Though I’ve found that sticks apply easier for me after I’ve used them a few times even if I haven’t used them in awhile

For me, it is simple. I just twirl my brush on the end of the stick and load it up. Then, I move to my bowl as normal. I don't see any hinderance or much difference between it and a puck. With a stick it is easier to face lather by first rubbing the stick on my wet face and then using the brush to lather up on my face, that is if I want to do it that way. No bowl needed.

Top Bottom