What's new

Love of Modern GEM razors

I would love to see an affordable modern GEM-style razor on the market, something along the lines of the RazoRock Hawk. My first G-Bar was amazing, but when it gave up the ghost, I never found another vintage GEM that was its equal. I also didn't know about any modern SE razors other than injectors and AC style razors, both of which are excellent shavers but don't float my boat the same way the GEMs do.

The Starling was/is (?) only $39.99 when it was introduced. That's pretty affordable. Just didn't like it much.

I would love to see an affordable modern GEM-style razor on the market, something along the lines of the RazoRock Hawk. My first G-Bar was amazing, but when it gave up the ghost, I never found another vintage GEM that was its equal. I also didn't know about any modern SE razors other than injectors and AC style razors, both of which are excellent shavers but don't float my boat the same way the GEMs do.

That would be nice is someone came out with a new GEM type for around $50.00. Maybe there is an aluminum one in the future.

That would be nice is someone came out with a new GEM type for around $50.00. Maybe there is an aluminum one in the future.
This was a thing . Sure you can find one on BST at some point.

proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don't think it was well executed but I guess it had its fans. Too bad because PAA usually does better. Tom White's prototype was much better.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maybe they will give it another try and do better the next time.

@shave/brush I guess I thought most of the modern SE razors were more expensive than that, so it was nice to learn that not all of them are. I'm not in the market anyway, at least through August.

With all you know about ducks Rave, its a wonder you dont have a whole flock of GEM style razors lol.
But like I've said before, if you ever try one your beloved Fatips might start collecting dust too. :001_tongu

The problem with GEM razors is the blades. They are no where near as sharp as a good DE blade or any Artist Club style blade. That's a fact almost everyone agrees with.
Now back on topic, I love my new GEM razor.

Top Bottom