What's new

Love creams...but skin doesn't!

Hi guys,

Just wanted a few recommendations on shaving creams that are non-comedogenic?

I've tried GFT Coconut, Nivea Shave Cream, TOBS Mr T's and their new Jerymn Street cream which are all truely fantastic..

However, I seem to get a few pimples/spots around my mouth, on my cheeks which I imagine result from the cream clogging my skin!

No amount of cold water splashes, witch hazel, or alcoholic AS seems to make a difference! The problem seems to be getting worse now that it's getting warmer..

Any suggestions of creams that are less heavy?

Many thanks,

Nick

I haven't tried enough creams to make any suggestions, but assuming the cream is the problem, you could always try using some creams, or soaps, that are made for sensitive skin. That could make a difference.

What kind of pre-shave are you doing? If you don't use enough warm warm (or warm enough water) some of your pores might not open, and trap the oil already on you skin when you do your cold rinse.

Having reviewed a list of comedogenic ingredients in some creams and hunting around the forums abit, I concluded that creams with Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil which have been present in a majoirty of creams I've tried cause the problem...

Have used TOBS Avocado for the past 2 days and my skin has been less oily during the day and is consequently clearing up...

Amazing what a bit of research can do!

One thing you might want to think about trying is washing your face after you shave with a relatively gentle cleanser, especially something with glycolic and/or salicylic acid. I noticed the same kind of thing occurring and this fixed the problem right quick. No problem with over drying as creams that might cause this problem don't dry you out anyways.

Having reviewed a list of comedogenic ingredients in some creams and hunting around the forums abit, I concluded that creams with Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil which have been present in a majoirty of creams I've tried cause the problem...

Have used TOBS Avocado for the past 2 days and my skin has been less oily during the day and is consequently clearing up...

Amazing what a bit of research can do!

Good stuff :thumbup1:

If your skin is sensitive you should stay away from chemicals. Natural or organic does not mean gentle. Essential oils like lavender, sage, lemon, lime, etc can be irritating. TOBS and TH make good sensitive skin lines.

Top Bottom