What's new

Lothur - a Croap?

After hearing all the raves from wetshavers about the British Lothur, I had to give it try.
I decided on the CALM scent, a scent I do like a lot.

The soap's consistency is not like any of the artisan soaps I have recently tried. In fact it is more like a proraso Croap. Is it just me or did others run in to this. Perhaps this was the previous formula batch of Lothur. Anyhow it is what it is.

Cheers,
thecutter

Yes, it is soft. But I find that it does thicken a bit over time. I am also not sure how firm it is supposed to be tbh, the vendor told me I had v2, but it seems later batches of v2 (of some scents) are firmer than the earlier v2 batches, but I guess it is still quite soft. For example Namkha, Juice and Oregon are a lot denser for me than Calm and Tears. But after not using it for a bit my Namka looks really dried out (probably did not tighten the lid good enough, but I doubt it will affect performance if I ever use it again. I like the scent but some others in my household are really not happy when I use it in the bathroom so given how many other soaps I have that I enjoy I have not gotten around to using it much.

I have been using Løthur exclusively for the last couple of weeks. Mine is definitely V2, and it has a softer consistency than most soaps I have used, but it is not quite as soft as Proraso.

For the record, I ordered their ‘Nude’ soap which is completely scent free. I have only seen this variety on their own website. I tend to prefer scent free or very lightly fragranced soaps, so this is a big hit with me as it has absolutely no scent at all! I have been getting really wonderful shaves with it!

Top Bottom