What's new

Lost our Fur baby tonite.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Your dog will never treat you poorly out of spite.
Your dog will never attack or mistreat you out of malefaction.
Your dog will never spread false rumors about you, or lie about you for benefit.
Your dog will never take the last piece of pie just to keep you from getting it.
These are activities that are limited to human to human relationships.
It goes, unfortunately, into the mix when mourning for the passing of another human.
Inevitable baggage, in the back of the mind, but there nonetheless.
A Dog, who gave selflessly all of their love and devotion, and asked nothing in return but to be treated fairly as a ward and companion, a decision made entirely by you and not with his consent, has no baggage to bring to the contemplation of their passing.
Very well said; absolute and pure true love. Thank you very much.

I’m so so sorry. Reading this whole thread has made me cry. Literally.

I lost my beautiful boxer of 13 years. Like yours, she was the runt and had lots of issues including diagnosed Crohn’s disease. The biopsy was performed when she went from 55 pounds to 22 and was passing piles of blood. She survived and lived another 11 glorious years after that, on a very controlled diet. I bought her a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese meal for her last supper. She was a young at heart clown to the very end.

Absolutely gutted.

It rips my heart out to read about others’ losses but if I can offer one thing - while the pain may never fully subside, with time, you will be left with beautiful memories of your beloved Tip.

I wish you nothing but healing. Again, sincerest of condolences. One of the toughest things to have to deal with, especially at this time of year.

Thank you for letting me share my loss too. It’s cathartic to be able to unload from time to time with someone else who understands the pain.

CBBA2086-8885-4118-9D1D-D6420DF15111.jpeg

5F672C90-5103-47E1-911E-705BD3586D74.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m so so sorry. Reading this whole thread has made me cry. Literally.

I lost my beautiful boxer of 13 years. Like yours, she was the runt and had lots of issues including diagnosed Crohn’s disease. The biopsy was performed when she went from 55 pounds to 22 and was $hitting piles of blood. She survived and lived another 11 glorious years after that, on a very controlled diet. I bought her a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese meal for her last supper. She was a young at heart clown to the very end.

Absolutely gutted.

It rips my heart out to read about others’ losses but if I can offer one thing - while the pain may never fully subside, with time, you will be left with beautiful memories of your beloved Tip.

I wish you nothing but healing. Again, sincerest of condolences. One of the toughest things to have to deal with, especially at this time of year.

Thank you for letting me share my loss too. It’s cathartic to be able to unload from time to time with someone else who understands the pain.

View attachment 1577741
View attachment 1577742
What a couple of cuties my friend! Your pup had just beautiful markings.

What a couple of cuties my friend! Your pup had just beautiful markings.
Thanks. She was definitely a flashy fawn. Floppy too with the uncropped ears. She was so underweight for the first while that they couldn’t risk cropping her ears. I’m glad they didn’t.

I have been balling my eyes out for 20 minutes. These are such tough losses to have to deal with. My fur baby was such a gentle beast. What a kind beautiful soul.

@Rayotech Hang in there my friend.

Lost both are pets a bit ago and hit me insane the one in the pic icon was my muse
my life as a photographer and pet photographer I still have not recovered and miss our pets every day but as many say they live on in the hearts and the good times outweigh the loss

As was said at the end of Togo (another instance where my heart was ripped straight from my chest):

“It was foolish of me to think that Togo would ever be denied. I always thought he lived for the sled, when all along, what he lived for was me. We resumed the trail. We discovered a walk was as good as a run. As always, Constance was right. Togo had the heart of a survivor. Not the storm of the century, nor a harrowing serum run could stop him. He lived out his golden years with a new job…father. For two years he sired pups. While the lower 48 celebrated Balto, mushers from all over the world elbowed to get one of Togo’s line. Kennels from Fairbanks to Maine bred what came to be known as Seppala Siberians. A breed valued for their intelligence, stamina, courage, but most of all, their good nature and uncommon bond with humans. He left us on a Thursday in December. Constance and I continued working with dogs because if you’re around them long enough, they tend to get under your skin. And if you’re lucky enough to have known a great one, they never really leave. They stay with you as long as you live. Harnessed to your heart, giving their all. Always.”

All of us have been lucky enough to have known a great one. And they never do leave.

Lost our beloved fur baby tonite suddenly. Tip a 3 & 1/2 year old Border Collie Blue healer mix.

We named him Tip due to the spike of hair he had sticking up between his ears.

We got him when he was about 6 weeks old, runt of the litter on a farm. His mother disowned him. He was real sick when we brought him home, had a parasite and stomach problems. A couple trips to the vet and he recovered fine.
He always was a small dog for his breeds. Maybe 25 pounds on a very wet day.

Had regular vet visits to keep him updated on shots and to address any problems that arose. He broke a tooth once, goofball bit into the top fence runner while jumping up and down, caught the tooth and broke it. Another time he was jumping at the fence and bruised a shoulder. He loved jumping up and down at the fence line to see the world outside. 6 ft planked security fence, he could have jumped right over it if he really wanted to but he never did.

He loved everyone he met. Loved seeing our grandchildren and was always loved by anyone that met him. Loved going on car rides, always helped me when I would be outside working on something, specially when you'd walk somewhere. He would herd you all over the yard if you gave him a chance.

Very protective of my wife! She was his momma. Followed her everywhere. And if you made an aggressive move towards her he would jump in the middle with teeth showing.

Today he was a bit mopey, wife told me while I was at work that he was mopey. She thought due to no playtime outside today because of the bitter cold we're having. He has done that a few times this past year. Doc said everything was ok last time we took him in.
Got home from work and gave him lovin and he layed down between us (normal nightly thing) on the couch to watch tv and about 30 minuets later he had a seizure, we held him and talked to him and then he was gone! Just like that!

No idea, just gone!

Hurts like H$&&!!!!!

My Olivia is heart broken and dazed! Right before Christmas.....

Just needed to ramble a bit to ease my thoughts. Going to miss him dearly!

View attachment 1575754
I am so sorry for you and your family, brings tears

Top Bottom