What's new

Lost our Fur baby tonite.

So sorry for your loss, that sucks. 😥

I know my dog has made me a better person. I often feel we do not deserve such amazing creatures!

Condolences again, thank you for sharing some of Tip with us.

Sorry for your loss -- in a way he died quickly, and with his parents there; better than a long illness caged up at the vet!
They are *so*fragile, we almost lost both of ours early this year, after they apparently drank from the wrong puddle -- the first vet we saw told us they basically were going to die or have so much organ damage we'd probably lose them anyway.
One moment we're happy family on a great day out, the next we're told they are basically walking dead. Luckily another 'pro' vet told us it wasn't the case, they just had a very mild case of poisoning and should be fine -after 2 days on fluid and activated charcoal- and they did.
But it made us realize how so very fragile they are. Extra cuddles, and even more tolerant of their 'mistakes' since then.

I hope you go straight back to the refuge, or wherever you want to find your next dog and get another furball -- they make life better, until they break our hearts.

1671719919628.png

Sorry for your loss -- in a way he died quickly, and with his parents there; better than a long illness caged up at the vet!
They are *so*fragile, we almost lost both of ours early this year, after they apparently drank from the wrong puddle -- the first vet we saw told us they basically were going to die or have so much organ damage we'd probably lose them anyway.
One moment we're happy family on a great day out, the next we're told they are basically walking dead. Luckily another 'pro' vet told us it wasn't the case, they just had a very mild case of poisoning and should be fine -after 2 days on fluid and activated charcoal- and they did.
But it made us realize how so very fragile they are. Extra cuddles, and even more tolerant of their 'mistakes' since then.

I hope you go straight back to the refuge, or wherever you want to find your next dog and get another furball -- they make life better, until they break our hearts.

View attachment 1575912
Glad your baby's are doing well.
This is a hard loss for us. All our kids are grown up and on there own, they visit when they have time.
Tip was our baby, he kept us active and busy, such a goofball. The house seems so empty without him today.
Time heals. But not the memories!

Thank you for sharing!

Sorry for your loss.

I had a Great Dane (Duke), one of the smartest most loving dogs I’ve ever had the chance to know. Diagnosed with cancer at a young age and was given only a few months to live. Made it 2 more years. Was definitely a heart breaker when he left us.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Sorry for your loss. I’ve had to bury a few fur babies of my own. I’m pretty sure I cried more when my first dog died than I did at my grandmothers funeral.

Dogs give us many of the happiest days of our lives…… and one of the worst.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, my condolences!
Losing them is probably one of the hardest things to go through in life.
I've been through it many times and have quite a few more to endure.
I can't remember a second in my life where I haven't had a dog by my side.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Sorry for the loss of your beloved family member. It hurts, I’ve been there. My old girl is nearing the end now, failing. I feel your pain.

I’m so sorry. This is the worst. Lost more than a dozen cats and two dogs over the years, most strays, a few from shelters. Most euthanized in old age, a few just lost. Horrible any which way.

26F954D5-18B1-4891-93FE-76C4DB33065D.jpeg

My condolences on the loss of your four-footed family member. You gave Tip a good life after he had a rough start. May your grief ease in time as you remember him.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Lost our beloved fur baby tonite suddenly. Tip a 3 & 1/2 year old Border Collie Blue healer mix.

We named him Tip due to the spike of hair he had sticking up between his ears.

We got him when he was about 6 weeks old, runt of the litter on a farm. His mother disowned him. He was real sick when we brought him home, had a parasite and stomach problems. A couple trips to the vet and he recovered fine.
He always was a small dog for his breeds. Maybe 25 pounds on a very wet day.

Had regular vet visits to keep him updated on shots and to address any problems that arose. He broke a tooth once, goofball bit into the top fence runner while jumping up and down, caught the tooth and broke it. Another time he was jumping at the fence and bruised a shoulder. He loved jumping up and down at the fence line to see the world outside. 6 ft planked security fence, he could have jumped right over it if he really wanted to but he never did.

He loved everyone he met. Loved seeing our grandchildren and was always loved by anyone that met him. Loved going on car rides, always helped me when I would be outside working on something, specially when you'd walk somewhere. He would herd you all over the yard if you gave him a chance.

Very protective of my wife! She was his momma. Followed her everywhere. And if you made an aggressive move towards her he would jump in the middle with teeth showing.

Today he was a bit mopey, wife told me while I was at work that he was mopey. She thought due to no playtime outside today because of the bitter cold we're having. He has done that a few times this past year. Doc said everything was ok last time we took him in.
Got home from work and gave him lovin and he layed down between us (normal nightly thing) on the couch to watch tv and about 30 minuets later he had a seizure, we held him and talked to him and then he was gone! Just like that!

No idea, just gone!

Hurts like H$&&!!!!!

My Olivia is heart broken and dazed! Right before Christmas.....

Just needed to ramble a bit to ease my thoughts. Going to miss him dearly!

View attachment 1575754
My heart goes out to you. I lost my first Schnauzer several years ago and she was like my best friend and I still haven't really gotten over her dying while I held her in my arms feeling her last heart beats. I was relating this story to my vet and he said he had listened to many people feeling worse about the loss of a pet more than they did their parents and feeling ashamed about it. I believe feeling worse about the death of a child but my dog is way up the list.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Your dog will never treat you poorly out of spite.
Your dog will never attack or mistreat you out of malefaction.
Your dog will never spread false rumors about you, or lie about you for benefit.
Your dog will never take the last piece of pie just to keep you from getting it.
These are activities that are limited to human to human relationships.
It goes, unfortunately, into the mix when mourning for the passing of another human.
Inevitable baggage, in the back of the mind, but there nonetheless.
A Dog, who gave selflessly all of their love and devotion, and asked nothing in return but to be treated fairly as a ward and companion, a decision made entirely by you and not with his consent, has no baggage to bring to the contemplation of their passing.

My heart goes out to you. I lost my first Schnauzer several years ago and she was like my best friend and I still haven't really gotten over her dying while I held her in my arms feeling her last heart beats. I was relating this story to my vet and he said he had listened to many people feeling worse about the loss of a pet more than they did their parents and feeling ashamed about it. I believe feeling worse about the death of a child but my dog is way up the list.
Absolutely nothing to feel ashamed about, it’s the same for me, and probably almost everyone else.

Top Bottom