What's new

Lost my mom today.

Oh no, my deepest condolences! I genuinely got chills just reading the title as I am extremely close to with my mother and we both know that in spite of her health, she could just be gone without warning. I nearly lost my Father last year when he became non-responsive and I was going to have to be the one to find him so I know what you mean by a weird feeling. I was certain that was it and it took most of the day to go in and confirm it. Even stranger when I finally woke him up, but that's another story!

My heart aches for you. My mother is 80 and my father turns 80 in February. I am trying to finish up my career where I have a retirement income while still really hoping to move close to my folks while they are still here on this earth. I believe this is likely a common struggle for us "kids." Treasure the time you had and give yourself time to grieve. I will pray for peace for you tonight.

So sorry for your loss.

My mom turned 90 in March and passed away in August. This is my first Christmas without seeing or talking to her.

I was reading the birth story last night to the family gathered around the tree, and it just clicked that she had to leave this world to be born into an eternal one. I will see her again, I am convinced.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Sorry for your loss, I dont really have anywords of comfort to share besides try and remember all the times, good and bad.
No one has the words. It is always awkward and weird....I just needed a place to vent. I had to get it out I guess. I hope I don't offend anyone or drag anyone down, I'm just trying to stay out of my own head I guess. Thank you all.

You are not offending or dragging anyone down. You have come to know that there are real people here at B&B that truly care about one another.

With that said, I give to you my sincerest condolences. I lost my father 21 years ago. It was told to me that the deceased actually cry for us, as they are in a far better place than we are.

Thoughts and prayers to you my friend.

@ylekot so sorry to hear this. I am fortunate enough to still have both of my parents but with their respective health issues I am always aware that the phone call may come at any time. As we all continue on with our lives did your mother have a particular scent or smell that she was fond that we could use in remembrance of her. Perhaps a @ylekot moms memorial shave day in the near future.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
@ylekot so sorry to hear this. I am fortunate enough to still have both of my parents but with their respective health issues I am always aware that the phone call may come at any time. As we all continue on with our lives did your mother have a particular scent or smell that she was fond that we could use in remembrance of her. Perhaps a @ylekot moms memorial shave day in the near future.
Well, my father always wore Old Spice if he used any scent at all, he shaved with an electric. He is the reason I gravitate heavily toward the spice scents today, it is just a warm comfort somehow, maybe that's weird, I don't know how to explain it. It is not and has never been a conscious thought, I just really like it. As for a memorial shave day, I don't know how I feel about that to be honest.

Dear @ylekot, I am sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and your loved ones. And always remember that your mother lives on through you.

Hugs,

Guido

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I'm so sorry for your loss brother these seem such empty words but I really mean them. Prayers and thoughts from my family to yours 😔.

Top Bottom