What's new

Lost my mom today.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
It was very sudden and I'm still in shock. She turned 80 just before Thanksgiving. Talked to her yesterday to see how she was and if she needed anything due to the snowstorm and her *ahem* poor driving ability in inclement weather. All was well yesterday. Her 84 year old boyfriend found her deceased this morning when he stopped to visit. Christmas may never be the same for me. New years festivities have not been the same for me since my father died on that holiday. My most traumatic pet loss was on July 4th. Can't wait to see what Easter brings.

I'm just ranting and venting because I don't know what else to do at this point....actually I can't do a thing so intoxicants are the word of the day.

Enjoy your family folks, they will be gone someday.

EDIT: I now have plenty of purses!

It was very sudden and I'm still in shock. She turned 80 just before Thanksgiving. Talked to her yesterday to see how she was and if she needed anything due to the snowstorm and her *ahem* poor driving ability in inclement weather. All was well yesterday. Her 84 year old boyfriend found her deceased this morning when he stopped to visit. Christmas may never be the same for me. New years festivities have not been the same for me since my father died on that holiday. My most traumatic pet loss was on July 4th. Can't wait to see what Easter brings.

I'm just ranting and venting because I don't know what else to do at this point....actually I can't do a thing so intoxicants are the word of the day.

Enjoy your family folks, they will be gone someday.

EDIT: I now have plenty of purses!
My mother left me in 2013. You feel a kind of numbness, which lasts a couple of weeks. It's a blessing because you can get things done in that time.

I felt terribly alone on that freezing cold snowy 19th March Tuesday in 2013. 2.46PM. Still remember. The worse part was going back to her flat, alone. She had seen 88 summers. It leaves a funny empty hole that is never really filled. I have always felt more vulnerable, more childlike since. I was lost once when I was about 4 on a busy street. I had lost my mum for a few minutes. It feels like I felt for those few minutes long ago.

It was just a couple of days from the first day of Spring. Those days still get me hard, even now.

It was something I had dreaded, then it happened. But It was not as bad as I thought it would be.

You will never be alone my friend, many of us have experienced it, but it is something of which only us who have been there can speak of.

You will never be alone, Brother @ylekot because your Mum will always be there.

My heart goes out to you.

Last edited:
My sincere condolences to you and your family. I do have my mom, but 2 weeks ago, I lost my grandma, which was literally my 2nd mother, so I'm still in that "mood". Probably this date will never be the same, as you said, but stick with your family, and cry the tears that you need and want to. Wish you all the best, and try to surround you with those that you love the most.

ylekot

Thank you all. @Alum Ladd My condolences to you also. Thank you for the reassurance. I hope no one is offended by my dark humor. 32 years in fire/ems and 14+ as an emergency services dispatcher will do that. Funny story: My mother left me in a store while shopping and went home without me....TWICE! Good thing my dad liked me or I'd still be wandering some store wondering what happened.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My deepest sympathy and condolences my friend.
I'm very sorry that this day will be a reminder to you.
Try to cherish the memories of her and stay positive, as I am sure she would have wanted you to.
Take the time you need to grieve - it's a terrible loss, but remember you have friends here if you need someone to talk to.

ylekot

My deepest sympathy and condolences my friend.
I'm very sorry that this day will be a reminder to you.
Try to cherish the memories of her and stay positive, as I am sure she would have wanted you to.
Take the time you need to grieve - it's a terrible loss, but remember you have friends here if you need someone to talk to.
This place is truly special among the cesspool that is the internet. Thank you.

We are not prepared to loose our loved ones. It takes time to realize that they are not with us. When my father (first) and my mother (4 years later than him) died, I tended to phone them, and when I realized they were not alive a sad feeling attacked me.

I am convinced that God will give me them back again. That´s what Jesus said (John 5:28, 29). To know that does not make pain disappear, but gives a great release.

Your mother will be back too Ylekot. God always keeps what he promises. Because He can, and because He wishes

@ylekot , please accept my condolences. It’s always tough to lose a parent or any loved one. There’s nothing I can say that will ease your pain, but just remember all of the good things your mother brought you and lean on others for help and support. Hang in there brother.

I'm still in shock I guess.....maybe stunned is a better word. Very weird feeling.
Yeah. You will run through the whole dictionary of emotions. None of them are 'wrong' so don't feel bad about having them.

I recall times of feeling curiously light-hearted the first week or so. Strange but there it was.

PM anytime. like Phil said, you are among people who get it and give a da** about you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom