What's new

Lost my job today

Well boys I am officially on paid administrative leave from my job. I made a comment was taken out of context and now it's time to move on down the road. I'm waiting to hear back from HR regarding a severance and official documentation.
Toss a prayer up for us if you are a believer.
Thanks!!

I am so sorry to hear that, I am in the Gas/Oil business and have seen lots of folks over the months lose their jobs.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That's a bummer. I've been in the unemployment line before. Life's a rollercoaster. Lot's of up, lot's of downs, and some twists, turns, and loops in-between. Keep your head up, Robert. Things will work out eventually.

Hey bro -- hug the wife and kids, take a deep breathe.
Sorry to hear about all this. Hollar if you need anything and I can help in any way.

Sorry to hear it brother. I am also in the oil/gas business and have seen many people lose what is a great job do to off the cuff remarks or things that seem minor and petty. On the other hand, I had been a contractor my whole life and about 5 years ago I got an opportunity to get into the job I have now. At 44 it was pretty scary, but it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me career wise. My point is, Chin up my friend, better things are on the horizon. :001_smile

So sorry to learn about this.

While change can be a bit rough on the nerves, looking back on my 63 years, change has been a path to opportunity.
Also remember, you are among friends here.

You'll be OK...Life hits you with lots of uppercuts , but keep on punching and new doors will open...Best of luck to you !

Use this as a step to a better place. A few years ago I got an early morning call from a friend asking what time I was going to the company meeting at the HQ. I said I hadn't been told about any meeting, and I had to be to work in our local office in a couple of hours. He said "didn't you hear the news? The company went bankrupt last night." That was a wonderful thing to hear the day before payday, and with myself having a fair amount of debts to juggle. No severance, not even the current pay which was owed to me. Worse yet, I was living in a foreign country, where I didn't speak the language, and knew almost nobody. As a added kick, I had only $10 in my bank account, and little more than that in my wallet. I spent little, and rolled over my balances on credit cards, transferring from one card to another. I had unemployment insurance, but I could not bring myself to file a claim.

But this incident forced me to find a way to make ends meet, and I ended up opening a small business as a result. Business has grown, and I have been doing well ever since.

Not a pray-er, but best of luck with the future! Up my way those with a job at all, even the little ones are lucky! Maybe it's a good thing after all, life telling you ya need bigger and better things!

Sorry to hear this, Robert. Best wishes in your new job search. People are soooooo sensitive these days. You have to walk on egg shells almost everywhere.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Chef Robert:
Sorry to hear that my friend, but we're all behind you because there will 'always' be a better kitchen brigade to run! :thumbsup:

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day again". Confucius[/FONT]

Top Bottom