What's new

lost cause

Starting to get some of the rust off of this Otto today.... I'll work on it some more tonight. Here is a before picture though. I'm going to rescale it, if the blades pits aren't too deep. Let me know your thoughts on how bad you think it's going to be.
0406201509a.jpg
0406201509.jpg

PS. These are terrible pictures just fyi. I have 2 awesome scale material options for this, but man those original scales are beautiful.

That looks gone, before you do anything to it, make sure you can get a clean bevel on it.

If you can't, then its just lipstick on a pig

That right there is cell rot, no joking, its too far gone and if you put that blade with others it will spread like a cancer. Sorry to say that its done.

Larry

Legion

Staff member
Make sure you dispose of those scales. Keep the metal logos off them if you like, but the plastic parts need to go in the bin.

That is a shame the green scales are evil for cell rot, and I have one here that I'm making new scales for so I can get rid of the original scales and keep the razor.

That is a shame the green scales are evil for cell rot, and I have one here that I'm making new scales for so I can get rid of the original scales and keep the razor.
That was my plan for this one..I might just rescale the pyramid, the blades real loose in the scales and the wedge is coming loose too. I know I can tighten em up, but bringing new life to the old timer seems fun. And I've got 2 pieces of awesome scale material.
image000000.jpg
image000000_01.jpg

Top Bottom