What's new

Los Angeles, CA (San Fernando Valley)

Here's what I've been able to find so far in and near the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles (mainly between Sherman Oaks and Glendale):

The Beauty Collection has stores in Sherman Oaks, Calabasas and Tarzana. They carry: L'Occitane, Proraso, D.R. Harris, Acqua di Parma, Creed, Art of Shaving, Baxter, Molton Brown, and more. Check the baskets scattered around the store... they often contain discounted items (like Cade soap for $5 and Eau de Badian for $29).

L'Occitane and Body Shop stores in the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square and the Glendale Galleria, for their own brands.

Crabtree & Evelyn at the Glendale Galleria.

Capitol Drugs in Sherman Oaks carries the organic line of Lucky Tiger, Tom's Mint Shaving Cream, Weleda, Zia toner and Kiss My Face products, as well as Corn Husker's Lotion. Thayer's throat lozenges, but only Dickinson's witch hazel (ick).

Whole Foods in Studio City and Sherman Oaks carries Thayer's witch hazel (only one kind... luckily it's the alcohol free one with rose), some Lucky Tiger (organics), and Kiss My Face products.

Diamond Beauty in Studio City carries a small line of Kent shaving brushes, Aqua Velva, Baxter, Burma Shave, eShave, Jeris & Pinaud, MenScience, Proraso, and some Caswell Massey stuff.

On the other side of the hill is The Shave of Beverly Hills with overpriced Taylor's and Trumper's, and there's an Art of Shaving store coming to the Woodland Hills mall on Toganga.

I'll add more as I come across them...

Hoss

There's a Whole Foods in Westwood that I know carries Thayer's Witch Hazel in the original and Rose, Kiss My Face, and Tom's of Maine, in addition to some other things I haven't heard of before.

The whole foods up here in Santa Clarita has the Thayers in original, rose, and lemon. KMF creams, but no toms of maine. Does anyone know of a local source for Pinaud Bay rum? I can find Clumban all day long...no Bay Rum.

Mike

The new Bed, Bath and Beyond in Westchester by LAX carries some Kiss My Face products including small sample bottles of their moisture shave cream for a dollar. They also carry some Van Der Hagen soap and brushes and some Gillette and Wilkonson blades.

There is the Shaver Shop on Hawthorne in the city of Torrance. I have not been there yet, but they carry Merkur, Trumpers, and several other brands and products. Here is their website link: www.shavershop.com

-Glen

There is the Shaver Shop on Hawthorne in the city of Torrance. I have not been there yet, but they carry Merkur, Trumpers, and several other brands and products. Here is their website link: www.shavershop.com

-Glen

That's awesome. I might stop over there since its not TOO far from where I live. However, it seems it will be kind of pricey for a retail shop. $37.50 for a tub of Trumpers? I don't know how much a tub of Trumper's actually is, but it seems rather high when I can get a tub of T&H at Nordstrom for under $30 and I think those two brands are pretty comparable.

Anyone know where I could pick up Col Conk soaps in the area. I have been wanting to try it but I don't really want to wait and pay for 1 puck of soap.

thanks,
Glen

Anyone know where I could pick up Col Conk soaps in the area. I have been wanting to try it but I don't really want to wait and pay for 1 puck of soap.

thanks,
Glen

I don't know exactly where you live, but there's a knife shop (I forgot the name of it) by the Claim Jumper in the South Coast Mall in Costa Mesa, CA. They carry Col. Conk Soaps as well as Merkur razors. They have a really small selection of shaving stuff but that's the only B&M place I've seen that sells Col. Conk.

I went to Larchmont Beauty Supply today and they had lots of shaving stuff. T&H creams and soaps, Trumpers creams, Eshave, etc. The prices seemed about the same as I've seen them online. No razors or anything, just creams and soaps and aftershaves.

Here's the website:

http://www.larchmontbeauty.com/

Dave

Electric Shaver Shop in Van Nuys on Victory Blvd just east of Sepulveda carries Merkur Razors, Col Conks Products (Soaps and Brushes), Pinaud Talc and Aftershaves as well as Merkur and Personna blades...

Le Pink & Co. in Silverlake has Proraso cream, pre/post, and aftershave lotion. Also, a few brushes, Musgo Real body cream (no shave cream when I was there today), and a few other items for dudes. Proraso cream goes for $12.50, which is a bit pricey, but fine for me since I live down the block. It's a very girly shop, and admittedly I'd most likely be standing outside when my girlfriend would shop there in the past. Now I have a reason to step inside!

www.lepinkandcompany.com

The whole foods up here in Santa Clarita has the Thayers in original, rose, and lemon. KMF creams, but no toms of maine. Does anyone know of a local source for Pinaud Bay rum? I can find Clumban all day long...no Bay Rum.

Mike

Some Walgreens carry it. In my area I have 6 Walgreens & only 1 stocks the Bay Rum. You can buy it online at Walgreens, 6.99 + shipping or click "check my store" enter your zip code & it will show you the closest one that stocks that item. I checked it near your location & it shows that NEC of Mcbean & Newhall Ranch, Santa Clarita, CA stocks it.
23925 Newhall Ranch Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91354
Phone (661) 255-7551

Last edited:

Mike

The Walgreens on Newhall Ranch just east of Mcbean had it.

Bath & Body Works in the Topanga Mall has C.O. Bigelow / Proraso. I asked if it was being discontinued, and they said they had heard nothing about that.

De Soto Pharmacy in Canoga Park carries William's Mug Shave Soap and Pinaud Lilac Vegetal in addition to Clubman and Talc.

20914 Roscoe Blvd, Canoga Park, CA‎

O U Beauty in Glendale, CA.

www.oubeauty.com/spa.php

By far, the most complete brick and mortar shave shop that I've been to in Los Angeles. I can't believe I've never read about this shop before on Badger and Blade.

You will find the full line of Trufitt & Hill, Musgo Real, Proraso, Caswell & Massey, eShave, Jack Black, Pinuad Clubman, etc. When I say full line, I mean EVERY product, and in every scent, that these brands make. For now, they don't carry TOBS or Trumper's, but they are considering stocking them up in the future.

You'll also find brushes and accessories by Kent and Edwin Jagger, plus a selection of safety razors and straights. I even recall seeing a couple of strops hanging up for sale.

Matt, the shop's product guy, is a true gent and is dedicated to the art of classic men's grooming. Also, he is generous with samples!

Needless to say, I'll be back soon for sure.

Top Bottom