What's new

Los Angeles, CA (San Fernando Valley)

Cool let us know, if they have some I'll cruise down there pick some up and hit the red lion for some lunch and a beer. :biggrin:

I spent my teenage years in Germany - Red Lion is great fun and always brings back happy memories :smile:

I'm going to try to hit India Sweets sometime this week after work.

I buy all of my soap and Godrej from this IS&S. The lunch specials are really good too.

SWEET, is all the prepared food vegetarian like the one by my house? and what is your favorite cream that they carry, I want to try menthol mist I am on a real menthol kick lately.

WEST SIDE!!!!!!

proxy.php

In Whittier, there is a small Shop called Pour Le bain. Tey Carry ANthony Logistics, C&E, Jack Black, Eshave, Caswell Massey and Musgo Real, including the almost unheard of pre and after shave gels!

I swung by india sweets & spice on los feliz the other day and picked up four tubes of godrej and two alum blocks. :biggrin:

Yay! Charles Bukowski fan...

I think almost all of IS&S dishes are vegetarian. I'm not 100% though. I mostly just get the lunch specials. As for Godrej creams, I like the regular Rich Foam. My wife uses the Menthol Mist latherless. The last I was there though, their stock of Godrej had an expiration date of 12/2009. So I passed. Now I just face lather shaving sticks... so I may scale back on my Godrej.

In Reseda, there's a health supplement store called AAvitamins, located on Sherman Way and Reseda. They have like 10 different kinds of Thayer's witch hazel (I'm just guessing, but they have a lot) and some nice bath soaps too. They might have shaving cream also but I haven't checked.

In Reseda, there's a health supplement store called AAvitamins, located on Sherman Way and Reseda. They have like 10 different kinds of Thayer's witch hazel (I'm just guessing, but they have a lot) and some nice bath soaps too. They might have shaving cream also but I haven't checked.

I have to drive by that corner. I can't picture what is on the SE corner. The others are a pawn shop, a gas station(Standard I think) and if it is still there a flower shop.

I have to drive by that corner. I can't picture what is on the SE corner. The others are a pawn shop, a gas station(Standard I think) and if it is still there a flower shop.

I believe it is on the NW corner, on Sherman Way. Slightly east of a world/ethnic food market of sorts. West of the pawn shop I think.

Last edited:
O U Beauty in Glendale, CA.

www.oubeauty.com/spa.php

By far, the most complete brick and mortar shave shop that I've been to in Los Angeles. I can't believe I've never read about this shop before on Badger and Blade.

You will find the full line of Trufitt & Hill, Musgo Real, Proraso, Caswell & Massey, eShave, Jack Black, Pinuad Clubman, etc. When I say full line, I mean EVERY product, and in every scent, that these brands make. For now, they don't carry TOBS or Trumper's, but they are considering stocking them up in the future.

You'll also find brushes and accessories by Kent and Edwin Jagger, plus a selection of safety razors and straights. I even recall seeing a couple of strops hanging up for sale.

Matt, the shop's product guy, is a true gent and is dedicated to the art of classic men's grooming. Also, he is generous with samples!

Needless to say, I'll be back soon for sure.

Geat update. I will checking this place out as I often travel buy there while working.

same here i live 5 minutes away from there and I cant think of where that store is located but hey that happened to me in reseda many times with all those little places

btw loving this thread now I wont be waiting for gear to ship

same here i live 5 minutes away from there and I cant think of where that store is located but hey that happened to me in reseda many times with all those little places

btw loving this thread now I wont be waiting for gear to ship

It's just a couple of doors down from the pawn shop on Sherman Way.

No TOBS yet. But he said he's getting ready to carry the TOBS & Trumpers lines. He had full lines of Truefitt & Hill, Proraso, Musgo, Pinaud, Caswell-Massey, and I think Dr. Harris (can't remember for sure though). I suggested he carry TOBS Avocado (my personal favorite) and Tabac.

I went to Oh U! this past weekend. Great selection, and as mentioned, competitively priced. They now carry the Trumpers line. I asked about TOBs and she said it was coming soon. She said laughing "I am trying to get all three of the T's".

I bought some Musgo, Proraso Pre/Post, and a brush stand while I was there. Spent about $30 for the whole thing so not bad. Men's shaving stuff was 10% off too. I'm big on instant gratification lol. I will definitely go back to buy a brush, they had a lot of options. Cant beat the cute Asian girls either. :thumbup:

I stopped by Oh U this last saturday and was very happy to see alot of things in person. The staff was very friendly and they made it clear that they were trying to be competitive. They gave me 15% off a Merkur 23c and 10% off all other mens stuff I bought. They are trying to build their inventory and already have a great start. Thanks for the advice guys.

Top Bottom