What's new

Lord Super Chrome vs Shark Super Chrome and TryABlade

Hi all. I am very new to DE shaving. I ordered a sample pack from TryABlade and one of the blades I ordered was a Lord Super Chrome. What I received was a Shark Super Chrome, which I already had in a different sampler I got from Amazon. I realize they are both from the same company, but are they the same blade but just packaged differently? The price per unit on TryABlade is different, so I just assumed they must be different as well.

By the way, I wonder what everyone's experience has been with TryABlade? I ordered 12 different blades at 5 a piece so I could get the tuck for them where applicable. I was shorted a brand, so I only received 55 blades. Many of the tucks arrived crushed and bent. The blades contained within them were fine, but the sampler I got from Amazon had zero crushed/bent tucks. Probably the difference in shipping material. TryABlade sent theirs in a plastic bag while the vendor from Amazon sent theirs in a box with air-filled cellophane for crush-proofing.

I contacted TryABlade and notified them of the missing razors, switched brand and crushed tucks. I hope they make it right by either refunding my money or shipping me the missing blades.

Yeah, I heard great things about them and decided to give them a shot. So, any ideas if Lord Super Chrome is different than the Shark Super Chrome?

Last edited:
Never had any issues with tryablade or his new store front Midwest shave shop. Hopefully he will make it right for you. The shark blades are made by Lord but are a different blade from the lord super chrome.

I have never had a problem with tryablade. They have always filled my order correctly and promptly.
+1.
Ive had two or three orders from Tryablade. The proprietor seems serious about his business so my default assumption would be that he'd make right on a bad order. A bad order can happen with any vendor. The damage may have happened well outside the point of origin, and it would probably be a lot more expensive to package against 99.9999% of potential shipping hazards than against only 98% or 99%. Any more attention to packaging and he'd likely have to jack up and de-simplify the shipping rates.
I do not have far-and-wide experience with samplers, since I've ordered from only two sources including TryABlade. Both shipped in plastic bags.

I have both Lord SC & Shark SC blades. The Lord SC is way sharper IMO. The Lord SC really irritated my neck as it was a real aggressive blade. The Shark SC is an aggressive blade as well but, does not irritate my neck as much JMO.

In terms of the blades: neither was bad, but these are not top tier for me. YMMV for sure.

In terms of the vendor: I have no personal experience but they have a good reputation.

Thanks for all the replies. I want to try the Lord SC. I haven't heard back from TryABlade. I know the owner has a forum here at B&B and I may attempt to contact him via PM here if I don't here back from him soon. I agree that bad orders can happen to just about anyone. As far as the damage to the tuck, well I agree it's more than likely out of his control once it's mailed. However, it was only shipped in a bag with no packing peanuts or anything like that to mitigate crushing. I would have been willing to pony up the extra money for a better shipping container. If I were running the show, I'd make sure the goods arrived to the end user as if it were off the shelf. The blades were fine though. I just like clean packaging when I receive goods. Damaged packaging has always been a pet peeve of mine. No biggie. I now know what I can expect IF I ever do repeat business.

Last edited:
I think the guy has a regular job & sells blades on the side. There is nothing wrong with that & he should get back to you in a day or so.

My last order from Tryablade was perfect. The order prior to that was missing one blade. Due to the volume of blades I ordered and their low cost (relative pennies) it did not bother me. I understand they are operating on narrow profit margins and sending out many shipments daily, so undoubtedly the occasional mistake will be made. I'm sure they will make things right if you're not happy.

They do provide a tremendous service to the shaving community and their shipping is prompt.

Still no word from TryABlade. If the guy is working a regular job and has familial obligations, then I understand. I think it is a cool option for trying out blades.

I've only been DE shaving as of this week but I've already accumulated a Merkur23c, blades from over a dozen or so varieties, some Clubman and Col. Conk soap and Bay Rum aftershave. I have some Proraso and Clubman VIBR on the way. So far I've shaved twice with a Derby blade and had great results. I shaved yesterday with an Astra Superior Platinum and had a few nicks. I did go one more pass than my usual 2 pass shave and the styptic pencil stopped the blood. So far I'm really enjoying the calming shaves. Plus I got sick of Mach 3 cartridge price and facial irritation.

Top Bottom