What's new

Lord Shavette

Has anyone tried the Lord Shavette?

I was gifted this by a barber in Egypt last year and have just got around to trying it.

It's quite a cool little razor. Terrifyingly light, I suspect the chopstick with a de stuck to has more heft. Gonna have a few more shaves to adjust as I'm used to a chunk of steel.

Seems like it takes half a DE blade and that it should be replaceable.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 23.23.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 23.23.14.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 38
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 23.22.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 23.22.56.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 50
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 22.58.58.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 22.58.58.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 51
That is a neat looking shavette. The handle reminds me of a 5in1 tool, though maybe that notch is to better balance on the lip of shaving bowl rather than pull up nails. Rather than include saw teeth they could have increased the usefulness and excitement factor by making them longer so that the handle could double as a comb. :biggrin1:

I've never seen on of those before and I'm intrigued.

Does it not have a folding handle? If it's just a straight metal razor, I really want one. What's that notch near the tail for?
It's just a bit of plastic with, I think, half a DE blade clipped in. Whole unit is under 5.5 grams.

Have had a look and suspect I'm doing it wrong:
From this is looks like the notch is to clip into scales. The barber who gifted it was just using them on their own with no scales.

Do you feel confident to shave with a light razor like that? I have big problem with light razors, especialy when they use half DE-blades :/
Very odd at first, my preference is for a chunk of steel. It's also very thin which does have the feeling it could fairly easily flip 90 degrees and attack. It shaves fine but I'm not overly confident with it, only had 3 shaves...probably makes more sense clipped into a set of scales.

Still quite a nice wee novelty item, never tried a kamisori before but more keen to try one after playing with this.

So, if I glue a razor blade to a popsicle stick....
Yeah, made me think of this as soon as I held it:
but without all that additional heft of the wood and extra half de blade.

I think this part is the refill for shavettes (LORD Barber Straight Disposable Razor ) and that after being used until the blade runs out, you replace that part and continue to use the same handle.
I think you just have the refills ;)

proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom