What's new

Lord Razor Blade Company blades experts!

I think Lord may be even more confusing than Personna when it comes to their blades. Lord has a lot of brands, so my question is: Can it be verified that there are the same blade in different wrappers?

I doubt that they have more than three, maybe 4, different blades. The problem is identifying which are a clear example of each, eg. Shark Chrome. With the dozen different brands that they sell, I think the QC is the other variable. So if you knew X blade was a high quality representative of blade 1 and you tried Y blade and it was close, what is your conclusion? Mine is that it is an X minus blade or rathe an X blade that had poorer QC, possibly because of the intended market. Some will conclude this is a distinct blade.

A good example in practice of this is Zorrik Super Plat blades sold for the domestic Indian market have noticeably lower QC and single wrapping vs the Super-Max version sold for export. They are both made by Vidyut and they shave about the same.

So I have only used a handful of Lord blades. All three Shark versions (the Super Chrome was terrible but the other two were fine. I used Silver Star, Lord Platinum and Asco Orange. I was wondering if the Asco Orange = Shark Super Stainless, they felt similar to me.

So I have only used a handful of Lord blades. All three Shark versions (the Super Chrome was terrible but the other two were fine. I used Silver Star, Lord Platinum and Asco Orange. I was wondering if the Asco Orange = Shark Super Stainless, they felt similar to me.
Oddly enough the Shark SS have never gotten along with me, and the one Asco Orange I tried just didn't sit well with me either. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same blade. Neither were bad enough to scare me away from using them, but I just have far too many other good blades to spend any time on them.

That said the Lord Classic Super Stainless ( in the green tuck ) feel marvelous to me. So I suspect all the stainless Lord blades are not the same, but I have no direct knowledge of that.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oddly enough the Shark SS have never gotten along with me, and the one Asco Orange I tried just didn't sit well with me either. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same blade. Neither were bad enough to scare me away from using them, but I just have far too many other good blades to spend any time on them.

That said the Lord Classic Super Stainless ( in the green tuck ) feel marvelous to me. So I suspect all the stainless Lord blades are not the same, but I have no direct knowledge of that.
Those Silver Stars you turned me on to were as good or better than the Astra SS, and as good as the Gillette Silver Blue blades.

I was actually going to page @BigJ -- he's one of the Lord aficionados that I know (although I'm sure there are many). Here's a thread (there are several others) on the Lord blades: Lord Blade Opinions

Nice to be called a ‘Lord expert,’ but I have not tried them all by any means. To me the three Shark species are all different. I also rank Silver Stars as the pick of the Lord litter.

As to the others that I have tried, most are solid ‘mid-tier’ blades for me. But good value for the $!

Hope this helps. :popc::popc:

I have tried all 3 Sharks, Silver Stars, Lord SS, Big Ben, Crown, and Rainbow to date and can vouch that though they are all made by Lord under the Lord Shaving name, they "are not" all the same!! The only ones I got along with were the Silver Star, Shark Super Chrome, and Shark Super Stainless and still use all 3 of these although the Silver Star is the main blade of the 3 and I get the best shaves from them... The Shark SS and the Lord SS, (blue/white tuck), are definitely not the same blade with the Shark SS being the better blade for me. Big Ben, Crown, and Rainbows were basically 1 and done blades for me as they all were unusable after the 1st shave!!

Well, after using Lord exclusively for several months I came to this conclusion: there are a few types of Lord blades that are same:

Lord Platinum/Crown Platinum - 2nd in sharpeness in the lineup, probably the best overall
Big Ben/Racer/Lord super chrome - 3rd in sharpness
Silver Star/ASCO/Crown stainless - these are sharpest, but roughest
Sharks are standalone and have different coatings, Lord Cool is the same as Shark SS - the mildest ones by far, the platinum can't cut my whiskers, literally
Rainbow also feels unique and is the only double wrapped blade, it's kind of between the sharpest and 2nd sharpest.

Lord's main problem is the QC. The blades often feel rough and your skin will end up irritated. They are no good after 3 shaves unless you have a soft beard. Me personally, I'm moving on to greener pastures to BIC and Indian Gilettes. Came across too many blades that dulled suddenly, chipped edges, uneven edges, I'm kind of fed up with it.

Last edited:
Well, after using Lord exclusively for several months I came to this conclusion: there are a few types of Lord blades that are same:

Lord Platinum/Crown Platinum - 2nd in sharpeness in the lineup, probably the best overall
Big Ben/Racer/Lord super chrome - 3rd in sharpness
Silver Star/ASCO/Crown stainless - these are sharpest, but roughest
Sharks are standalone and have different coatings, Lord Cool is the same as Shark SS - the mildest ones by far, the platinum can't cut my whiskers, literally
Rainbow also feels unique and is the only double wrapped blade, it's kind of between the sharpest and 2nd sharpest.

Lord's main problem is the QC. The blades often feel rough and your skin will end up irritated. They are no good after 3 shaves unless you have a soft beard. Me personally, I'm moving on to greener pastures to BIC and Indian Gilettes. Came across too many blades that dulled suddenly, chipped edges, uneven edges, I'm kind of fed up with it.
Only a few of the Lord blades that I have used were good. But as a whole, I feel there are better choices of blades for about the same price range. I like some of the Treet blades and Super-Max blades better than the Lord blades.

I'm a fan of Lord blades. Lord SS and Shark Plats are my favorites that I've tried so far. Oddly, with the Lord SS blades working so well for me I've somehow managed to go through life having never tried the Shark SS blades. I've used Shark SC's...didnt care for them. The Shark Plats are da bomb! I'm going to give the Shark SS a try later this summer because.....I'm going to participate in @BigJ "SHARK WEEK!!" I've got a fresh tuck of Shark SS ready to go. I'm looking forward to comparing the Shark SS to my favorite Lord SS blades. I hope I don't get bitten!

As I’ve posted before, I believe there are only 3 Lord blades, the platinum, the stainless and the chrome. They are packaged as Sharks or Silver Stars or Ascos, etc, but there are only 3. The variations experienced by consumers is quality control or imaginary.

I have tried the Shark super chrome blades and despise them. They are neither sharp enough for my beard nor smooth enough for my face. I have not tried the Shark super stainless, but the reviews I have read seem to indicate they are no better than the chromes. I do not plan to use the ones I have remaining.

I have purchased both Shark Platinum and Lord Platinum blades. The seem like the same blade to me. They are both sharp and smooth so they are blades that I do use.

Top Bottom