What's new

Lord Razor Blade Company blades experts!

I have tried the Shark super chrome blades and despise them. They are neither sharp enough for my beard nor smooth enough for my face. I have not tried the Shark super stainless, but the reviews I have read seem to indicate they are no better than the chromes. I do not plan to use the ones I have remaining.

I have purchased both Shark Platinum and Lord Platinum blades. The seem like the same blade to me. They are both sharp and smooth so they are blades that I do use.
Same to me. Platinum are by far the best of the bunch. I can't get along with Chrome blades; probably my fault still didn't match THE RAZOR for them.

But I can get excellent shaves from the Stainless ones also.

Same to me. Platinum are by far the best of the bunch. I can't get along with Chrome blades; probably my fault still didn't match THE RAZOR for them.

Beards fall into a continuum from very fine to very coarse. I fall toward the very coarse end. I do not even like using Astra SP blades which are loved by many. Even the popular Silver Blue, Gillette Platinum, and Polsilver blades are not quite sharp enough for me. I might be able to use the Super Stainless blade in a fairly aggressive razor, but the Refined Shave web site shows that the sharpness of the blade deteriorates quickly after the first shave. The blade is also rather rough, which would not be kind to my sensitive skin. That is why I have never tried the Super Stainless blades.

Reactions: edw

I have used all three versions of the Shark blades. By far the worst of the bunch was the chromes. The stainless and platinum blades worked well.

Reactions: edw
Just goes to show how YMMV as the Shark Chromes are the top of the 3 Sharks for me and has been for some time now!! I've had pretty good luck with most Lord Mfg'd blades to date. However I find that I have received my worst shaves with almost any of the Gillette blades, Personna's, and Bic's...

I'm resurrecting my thread due shaving twice so far with a Lord SS. The blade reminds me a lot of the ASCO SS which brings me back to my original question of the thread: are all of the blades in each of the coatings (stainless, chrome, or platinum) the same in that coating but in different wrappers?

I have a fair amount of Lord blades, however, my method of using them is so inconsistent I cannot really judge them. I have all three kinds of Sharks, but I haven't used them back to back in the same razor so my results are not reliable.

I can say for sure that I really do like the Asco platinum and I bought the Silver Stars based on the hype here - and I have been disappointed. Maybe it goes back to the quality control comments.

Out of all of the Lord blades that I have tried, I like the Shark Platinum best.
It would be interesting if you can use all of the Lord Platinum blades from all of their lines to see if they feel the same to you or if you can distinguish each blade.

I have a fair amount of Lord blades, however, my method of using them is so inconsistent I cannot really judge them. I have all three kinds of Sharks, but I haven't used them back to back in the same razor so my results are not reliable.

I can say for sure that I really do like the Asco platinum and I bought the Silver Stars based on the hype here - and I have been disappointed. Maybe it goes back to the quality control comments.
I do like the ASCO blades! The Silver Star worked very well, so it could be a matter of quality control or the blade just doesn't work for you.

It would be interesting if you can use all of the Lord Platinum blades from all of their lines to see if they feel the same to you or if you can distinguish each blade.
I am fairly confident the Silver Star is not the same blade as the Lord Platinum nor the Shark Platinum. I will need to re-examine those latter two against each other. Off memory, I don't think they are the same thing either, but as some have mentioned, QC variances might account for it.

Your idea might make for an interesting thread if multiple people could test shave with various Lord blades in the "platinum" grouping.

I am fairly confident the Silver Star is not the same blade as the Lord Platinum nor the Shark Platinum. I will need to re-examine those latter two against each other. Off memory, I don't think they are the same thing either, but as some have mentioned, QC variances might account for it.

Your idea might make for an interesting thread if multiple people could test shave with various Lord blades in the "platinum" grouping.
From what I have seen, most Lord Co blades come in three versions: stainless, chrome, and platinum. So comparing the Lord blades in those other groupings as well.

Now, the Silver Star blades are Super Stainless so I am wondering if this is a stand alone blade or can it be found in other wrappers?

From what I have seen, most Lord Co blades come in three versions: stainless, chrome, and platinum. So comparing the Lord blades in those other groupings as well.

I would be really surprised if there were actual differences. It doesn't really make sense to me that the Lord company would make so many different blades - cost wise. I would expect three different products with a handful of brand names.

With their quality control, the forum members who post good and bad reviews could just be getting a variety of the quality control.

Top Bottom