What's new

Lord Platinum Class?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
You’d think everyone would find things relatively the same but it isn't the case at all.
No it's certainly not. I think it is how varied our whiskers are and our skin. Are the whiskers large diameter, small diameter, thickness of outer coating, angle they grow at and so on. Then couple that with skin tension, thickness, pliability and so on and it's quick to see the variables are enormous.

That said, one thing I've noticed is DE razors that clamp blades tightly from top and bottom AND close to the edge make more blades feel similar than razors that don't do that.

So it's really down to skin, whisker, and razor in addition to the blade and I'm sure soap plays a factor too.

I HATE the Bic Platinum - worst blade on the plantet for me. Others rave about the same blade. I think we're both right.

Last edited:
The Lord Platinum Class was the 2nd DE blade I ever tried. First was a Derby and I didn't enjoy it. But when I tried the Lord, wow it was so much better. After trying even more blades though, the Lord settled into the middle of the pack. It's a decent blade but not one of my favorites.

This maybe a question already asked but what is the difference between Lord Platinum and Silverstar blades?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I believe the biggest difference is that Lord Platinum is platinum coated and Lord Silverstar is a "normal" stainless blade.
And Silverstar is sharper than Platinum.

If i may inquire, what did you like about the platinum class? I’m using one and in truth it’s one of the worst blades i’ve yet used. My main gripe is how dull it is. No amount of passes will get all of the stubble. What other blades do you generally like? Just curious. Thanks!

Maybe not the sharpest blade. It leaves me stubbly at the corners of my mouth. It passes visual inspection though not to touch. It's my everyday go to if I want to zero irritation.

If I want to get really close Gillette's 7 o'clock is my favorite.

been finding lately that for some reason, they REALLY let me know when they start to loose an edge due to usage. As in, the minute I try to shave they let me know.

Top Bottom