What's new

Lord Cool

I first saw this blade when I was checking out Razor Blade Club a couple of months back. When I decided to see how RBC would do with an order, I thought since it was a blade I knew little about, and a low price, to get it.
Loaded it into my Ming Shi Futur Clone. Only mistake was that I had dialed the adjustment back from the last shave, and my left thumb slid off, and took a deep cut.
I had already lathered up when this happened, so with a tissue over the gash, and applying pressure to it with my forefinger, I kept shaving. Lucky to be right handed.
I had only used a Lord Platinum in the past. Was happy with it & looking forward to trying this Teflon. Got another smooth DFS with it, which under the circumstances, I am grateful for. Will try this one in my other razors. First, have to clean the thumb up, and remember to change the settings more carefully in the Futur.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

When I was still using modern blades , the Lord Cool impressed me greatly. It wasn't as sharp as others but it was smooth and comfortable, for me at least. But what really grabbed my attention was the longevity of it. When other blades that had started ahead of it had declined below the Cool, it kept going and going. It was my first experience with a blade lasting into double digits and it remains the only currently produced blade I ever used to do so.

When I was still using modern blades , the Lord Cool impressed me greatly. It wasn't as sharp as others but it was smooth and comfortable, for me at least. But what really grabbed my attention was the longevity of it. When other blades that had started ahead of it had declined below the Cool, it kept going and going. It was my first experience with a blade lasting into double digits and it remains the only currently produced blade I ever used to do so.
One of the things I liked about it...very smooth and comfortable. Going to see how long it can go. Will be interesting to see how it does against other Teflon blades like, Voskhod & Sputnik.
Had forgotten after my original post that I had tried the Silver Star recently besides the Lord Platinum. I like what I am finding from there company. Even like she Shark Chrome that I tried over the summer. Between them and Personna there are a lot of good blades at good prices.

It's good to see this shaves well in the Futur. I used Astra SP for years, but after reading reviews on here about how well the Lords perform, especially in a Futur or Qshave, I decided to switch to a Lord Platinum. I'll keep these blades in mind because any shaving product that ends with the word "cool" must be good indeed!
(insert Joe Cool graphic here)

It's good to see this shaves well in the Futur. I used Astra SP for years, but after reading reviews on here about how well the Lords perform, especially in a Futur or Qshave, I decided to switch to a Lord Platinum. I'll keep these blades in mind because any shaving product that ends with the word "cool" must be good indeed!
(insert Joe Cool graphic here)
In case you're looking for them...
In all honesty, they could be a repackaged Silver Star, but really good blade. Haven't had a blade made by Lord that I haven't liked.
proxy.php

Have not tried them. Have a tuck of Sharks to get to.

Rangers this year has been another disappointment. My Grandfather used to tell me not to get my hopes up. He was right more than not.

Picked up a 100 tuck of these Lord Cools and had my first shave with them this evening. Since I usually fair well with Lord branded blades this was a decent gamble and turned out to be a good blade thus far, no drag and while it wasn't the smoothest blade, it could have been better in a different razor. So far the shave went well and am glad I have them a chance. Price is also good for a 100pk so not out much if they don't pan out.

Surprisingly I think this might be my favorite lord blade ymmv, but I don't really see anything special about some of the more popular lord blades like silver stars and others. I have tried Lord platinums and like them, but I prefer the cool more.

I found the Cool, though not as sharp or smooth as the Silver Star, hold its edge better. Second shave today with the SS was tuggy. Finished with the Cool and got BBS.

Surprisingly I think this might be my favorite lord blade ymmv, but I don't really see anything special about some of the more popular lord blades like silver stars and others. I have tried Lord platinums and like them, but I prefer the cool more.
Maybe the most underrated blade out there.

Got some cools on the way. Great package I hope they are cool
Picked up a 100 tuck of these Lord Cools and had my first shave with them this evening. Since I usually fair well with Lord branded blades this was a decent gamble and turned out to be a good blade thus far, no drag and while it wasn't the smoothest blade, it could have been better in a different razor. So far the shave went well and am glad I have them a chance. Price is also good for a 100pk so not out much if they don't pan out.
Would anyone like to swap a few Cools for Silver Stars? I'll throw in a self addressed stamped envelope.

Top Bottom