What's new

Lord Cool - Amazing cheap blades.

For the almost FOC price of $1 USD for 25 pieces locally, these Lord Cool blades are amazing.

They are slightly sharper and smoother than Astra SP. When compared to Gillette 7OC Super Stainless and Platinum, I consider these to be on par. Maybe slightly better? Possibly. They are indeed smooth, sharp and easy to use. Definitely better than the Indian Supermax blades. I also consider the Lord Cool to be slightly better the Gillette Silver Blue in smoothness and sharpness

I've also tried the Lord Platinum and I am quite sure these are pretty much the same thing.

The only thing that sucks is the cheap packaging. There is no wax paper or wax dots to hold it in place.

“LORD”-Cool-Stainless-Steel-Blades.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I don’t mind Lord Blades. I have not seen this one before. Thanks for sharing.

For the almost FOC price of $1 USD for 25 pieces locally, these Lord Cool blades are amazing.

They are slightly sharper and smoother than Astra SP. When compared to Gillette 7OC Super Stainless and Platinum, I consider these to be on par. Maybe slightly better? Possibly. They are indeed smooth, sharp and easy to use. Definitely better than the Indian Supermax blades. I also consider the Lord Cool to be slightly better the Gillette Silver Blue in smoothness and sharpness

I've also tried the Lord Platinum and I am quite sure these are pretty much the same thing.

The only thing that sucks is the cheap packaging. There is no wax paper or wax dots to hold it in place.

View attachment 1004581

Thanks for the heads up I'll give them a go soonest.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Great review!! :a14::a14:

Another Lord blade to consider once I finish Shark Week (also made by Lord).

$1 USD for 25 pieces is cheap for you locally. But these blades on ebay are like $18 a 100. Compared to other Lord brands that are around $11 for a 100. Lord Cools are not better.

$1 USD for 25 pieces is cheap for you locally. But these blades on ebay are like $18 a 100. Compared to other Lord brands that are around $11 for a 100. Lord Cools are not better.

Well, that's just whatever those particular eBay sellers have. Amazon in the US has RBC offering them for $9.99 and free shipping.

Or we can buy them directly from RBC for the same price.

View attachment 1004581

Thanks my fiend for the blades,

I tried them today and I must say they're pretty nice, shaving with them even in the GC84 was really smooth and easy, at no time was I worried that they'll bite unlike a GC84/Nacet combo.
However, like the Wilkinson it's not quite Feather, Nacet or BIC sharp so I had to buff some areas a few more times but overall they're very decent blades especially at that price.

Where can I get more at around S$1.35/25 locally?

Agree at $11 or $18 there're much better options like GSBs, Nacets etc.

eBay seller fees? Currency manipulations? Combination of both? Who knows. FWIW, they show up as US$13.95 on eBay here in the US.

It's called capitalism... Lol.

You want to remember how much blades cost in the US. Almost nothing is regularly available for much less than US$10 per 100 except Dorcos and Indian blades shipped direct from India sellers. Nearly all foreign-market blades have been going for US$9-$20 per hundred.

In brick and mortar stores I haven't seen blades other than Dorco for less than 20 cents each in years.

You want to remember how much blades cost in the US. Almost nothing is regularly available for much less than US$10 per 100 except Dorcos and Indian blades shipped direct from India sellers. Nearly all foreign-market blades have been going for US$9-$20 per hundred.

In brick and mortar stores I haven't seen blades other than Dorco for less than 20 cents each in years.

That's the irony that levis can go for $35 or less and they go for $100 or more here.

If the average price of an item is around $1 there is little reason to sell them much lower regardless of the import costs as the profit margin is huge.

Even if a pack of Lords costs $1 if bought in bulk why would I sell it for much less than $10 if everything else is around the same price anyway.

Mawashi

Thanks my fiend for the blades,

I tried them today and I must say they're pretty nice, shaving with them even in the GC84 was really smooth and easy, at no time was I worried that they'll bite unlike a GC84/Nacet combo.
However, like the Wilkinson it's not quite Feather, Nacet or BIC sharp so I had to buff some areas a few more times but overall they're very decent blades especially at that price.

Where can I get more at around S$1.35/25 locally?

It's called capitalism... Lol.

I bought it at haniffa. If you buy the 100 pack, you might save $1 or so.

Thx buddy, btw how much is a 100 please?

PM me once you get the Astras too :)
I don't know. I've only bought 25 so far. Maybe I should go get more. This thing is cheap and great. I put at at nearly the same level as the gillette blades I have for half the price.

Top Bottom