What's new

Lord Blades?

The Lord Platinums I have are generally smooth and sharp for several shaves, and Lord Super Stainless which are ok, but all can be inconsistent quality.
Lords make Shark branded blades too, I have some in Super Chrome but I find them a bit dull ( wife uses these).
Some people love these and get 5+ shaves out of them...I usually discard after 1-2 as I paid so little for them.

I love Lord Silverstar, sharp and smooth blade.
Lord New Platinum is almost as good as Silverstar, not as sharp but very very smooth.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like Lord blades. I do find that occasionally their Quality Control can be a little lacking but overall I like them and have several hundred of them in my possession.

I’m a lord man. One of my favorite cheap razor blade factories.

I love:
Lord platinum class
Asco platinum
Crown platinum
Shark platinum
Lord cool
Lord classic
Lord extra
Racer

I like:
Asco stainless
Crown stainless
Shark stainless
Shark chrome
Lord platinum tajam
Lord super stainless
Big Ben stainless
Big Ben classic
Lord chrome

I dislike:
Silver star
Rainbow
Lord platinum premium

I just bought the platinum and will be here on Saturday. I need blades like a hole in the head but why not. The thread got me interested.

I love the Astra SP (my first DE blade) and SS, and I also love the Lord SS- very similar feel and results for me- mild, efficient, provide irritation free shaves time and again.
SOTD 20 7 7.jpg

I think the Lord 'Rainbow' are carbon steel like the Lord 'Captain' as l have found a rusty 'Rainbow' blade in a razor l hadn't used in a while. The 'Rainbows' have the same yellowish coating as the Lord 'Captain' has to my bleary reddened eyes.

I rank Lord Platinums and Astra SP's in the same category in my blade rotation: Smooth, solid go-to blade I can count on for a smooth, close and irritation-free shave from about any razor in my collection.

Lord platinum are in my rotation. With a Rockwell 6c r4/r5 is an easy(dfs) enjoyable morning shave for me. The first blades I got were with the L6, but not sharp enough in that mild razor for me. The only Lord factory blades I’ve tried.

Last edited:
LOOK!! Over There (diversionary tactic). It's Shark Week. Drop the Lords & load up a Shark!
(Fast Forwarding into the future, next week) ... Resume your smooth, close, irritation-free Lord Platinum shave ...

Top Bottom