What's new

Lord blades decoded

I dont think so i can tell when a blade is sharper or more blunt than others...some lord blades are for sure different

After shaving w all the blades in the Lord family, I’ve come to the following conclusion: each of the blade brands with a platinum, chrome and stainless version (Lord, Shark, Asco, Silver Star) are the same blades. If there is only one style in a brand name (Rainbow, Racer, Cool, Big Ben) it is a stainless. There are only 3 Lord blades, no matter what the name: Platinum, Chrome and Stainless
It presumes that all stainless blades are made in the same machine in the same factory, and the same goes for all Chrome and Platinum blades.
And then this means that the entire Lord factory consists of only three machines that make three types of blades, one type of stainless, one type of Chrome and one type of Platinum blades.
And then all these identical blades of the three different types should be packed in different packages with different names.
My guess is that there are more to it than this.

Based on my experience I would disagree. I enjoy using Shark SS, ASCO Orange and Silver Star. Each of these blades is different. The Shark SS have a connected, assertive face feel, the Silver Star are a smidgen sharper than the Sharks but smoother. The ASCO are less sharp than the Sharks but oh so mellow. They are superb blades, each of them, but they are also different.

Top Bottom